+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 155
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

You went to the cinema to see Nacho?

And are going to see click at the cinema as well?

Do you own a normal TV and DVD player?

Fucking rent that shit.

Going to see those movies at the cinema = waste of time and money

BTW, here in Oz it costs $15 for a ticket, plus the price of food is fucking insane. $3 for a large coke? I'll smuggle a bottle of Beam instead, thanks.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

That's right about $11 for a movie ticket in US dollars. Denny might pay that in LA but I paid $7.50 for a non-discounted show. I think I paid $4 for a large pop the other day when I went ($8 for large pop and a large popcorn), which would be something like $5 Ozzy.

I took my wife to see the Lake House (of course I'd rather have seen something else but I took one for the team and got what I wanted before we went so I was chill-axin' the whole time anyway). Its as terrible as you'd expect it to be. Music that doesn't fit the scene, poor camera work, terrible acting, horrible shortcommings in the storyline, paper-thin plot.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    watching rounders, the poker movie with matt damon.
    hah! i love that movie.

we always imitate teddy KGB during our poker games

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    That's right about $11 for a movie ticket in US dollars. Denny might pay that in LA but I paid $7.50 for a non-discounted show. I think I paid $4 for a large pop the other day when I went ($8 for large pop and a large popcorn), which would be something like $5 Ozzy.

I took my wife to see the Lake House (of course I'd rather have seen something else but I took one for the team and got what I wanted before we went so I was chill-axin' the whole time anyway). Its as terrible as you'd expect it to be. Music that doesn't fit the scene, poor camera work, terrible acting, horrible shortcommings in the storyline, paper-thin plot.
    If you are ever in West Michigan, M-89 Cinema in Otsego/Plainwell

2 Tickets to a first run movie (matinee), bucket of popcorn and two pops for under $12. Or forgo the food and pay just $3.50/ticket.

Sure, it feels like you are watching it in somebody's basement (the theater is very small) but it works.

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=16408015

I bet Hermy's been there.
    Find a new slant.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Fuckers.

It costs $8-$9 over here to see a movie, or even better, just go to the fuckin' drive in for $5-$7.

$6.50 in korea.

Rounders was a decent movie, first poker movie I saw. The plots alright but the chicks ugly. The beginning was just fucking sweet but some parts in the movie were fucking pointless.

8/10.

I also saw Red Eye. Not bad but the usual stalker im going to follow you into your house and kill you type of movie.

Waiting.

Funny movie. Id give it a 7/10. ****************************The hairy pussy was gross as fuck.***************************

Picked up Hostel on dvd. I'd rate it three out of four stars. If you liked Saw, you'll probably like Hostel.

The Boondock Saints. Alright movie with a kickass ending -- plot's also kind of iffy, but I won't spoil it for you. I'd give it a 7.7/10 from any point of view, although it's one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    $8US = $5AUS? LMAO

Can I give you $10,000 and you do the exchange?

Dude, if it cost you $8 it's gonna cost me at least $13.

If I have $1AUS it equals about 75cUS (whatever the fuck you call that) Dime? Nickel? Quarter? Whatever - the point is I'm paying more.

Anyway, I know I said you should only go and see special effects movies at the cinema cause that comedy/drama shit is fine on the home system but I went and saw Davinci Code with the fiance

Good movie, I really liked it. I don't know why the Catholic Church is going crazy about it. It doesn't say God/Jesus doesn't exist or was a prick. Just claims Jesus had a woman, she had off spring etc

It's an old story but well done. French chick was cool too (not super hot, but hot enough) Hanks wasn't perfect for the part but I can't think of anyone else to do it so it's not a big deal.

It is my kind of movie, though. I love conspracy theories and shit that makes you question the "accepted opinion" so that might be part of why I enjoyed it so much.

Go and see it for yourself, and if possible take a Catholic with you. I didn't, but wish I did. It would be interesting to see what they think about it, even though the Church might have clouded their opinion.

Oh, and it's probably better if you see it with a bunch of friends who like to discuss movies at a cafe or some shit afterwards (I don't associate with fuckers like that). It would be an interesting discussion.

Ok, that's my review - not the usual review, but such is life.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread