+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 155
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

The thing is the translations are all messed up. It's not as good as the real language of course but uh I guess its all good.

공공의적

Opening this week:
    Crank
    Crossover
    Wicker Man

I'm all about seeing Crank - I need to see mindless movies every once in a while. Anyone see any of these three yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I want to see gridiron gang so bad

Watched Team America a couple of days ago. Brilliantly stupid.

We're the GAAARDS.

7.2/10, stupid but funny as hell at times

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    my roommate got 'fast & furious 3: tokyo drift'. i knew it was going to be stupid but i was still amazed at how stupid it was. 2/10.

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    Watched Team America a couple of days ago. Brilliantly stupid.

We're the GAAARDS.

7.2/10, stupid but funny as hell at times

Alec Baldwin, F.A.G.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    i always wonder how US audiences follow the translation (dubs and subtitles). my korean is passable, so i can usually follow along just by listening to the korean dialogue. but, i still turn on the subtitles to catch things i don't understand. it's hard for me to seperate my cultural knowledge to see if non-koreans will "get" the relationships, distinctions of class and social status, etc. glad to see there's some love for korean cinema
    Sometimes, the sub will have a different, more-literal interpretation than the dub which can really help in capturing some of the cultural particulars. Check out the Miramax DVD of Shaolin Soccer as a great example of this (and a fun movie to watch in general).

Speaking of other fun movies, check out "Find Me Guilty". Vin Diesel plays a real-life imprisoned mobster bumbling his way as his own lawyer through the longest criminal trial in U.S. history. It's a solid 3 out of 4 star experience... watchable, entertaining, not a mob classic like Goodfellas, but it's a true story and most of the courtroom testimony is verbatim from the real trial. The DVD is light on special features... would love to know what really happened to these characters, what's with the midget, etc.

not a review, but rottentomatoes gave Jackass: Number Two decent reviews

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jackass_number_2/

i loved the first one....never laughed so hard in a movie theater in my life.

i also want to check out Jet Li's Fearless http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fearless/

+ Reply to Thread