+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 155
FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1549

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

i knew it was something...

big is relatively new compared to what i normally watch.

Blog Entries
    Some people are probably watching The Godfather for the first time today, too, Glan.

watched "the fighter". pretty good, maybe the second best boxing movie of all time.

raging bull, of course is number one.

others ive seen include the rockies, million dollar baby, ali, hurricane. not including documentaries, of which "when we were kings" (ali), and "unforgivable blackness" (jack johnson) were both excellent.

hurricane was meh. ali wasnt anything special. million dollar baby was pretty good, but i felt like it was a good boxing flick for 3/4, then it was hijacked out of nowhere by a very fervent political message, which i didnt like at all.

i like the rocky movies, BUT the fight scenes in them detract from the quality. im not a boxing snob, but anyone who's scene even one fight can see how absurd the fight scenes are. in any one round, theres typically enough damage unleashed to kill an army of men, yet rocky and his opponent always just walk back to their corners and have their trainers yell at them for not trying hard enough. in the fights, rocky could detonate a nuclear bomb and his opponent would get up if it werent round 15. really detracts from the drama, at least for me.

so i'd have to call the fighter #2 of everything i've seen. they did a nice job of telling something slightly different, as its hard to come up with an interesting, novel storyline when it comes to boxing.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy View Post
    watched "the fighter". pretty good, maybe the second best boxing movie of all time.
    Amy Adams was the hottest boxer's babe in any boxing biopic I can recall.

i might agree with that.

the only other person that comes to mind is cathy moriarty

and i'd take amy all day. i like that she had a little beer gut for it. really gave her a 'girl next door' look.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Is Cathy Moriarty at all related to the Moriarty dude from Bang the Drum Slowly who ended up being like the original Law and Order guy?

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I don't know, but that dude is from the Detroit area.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Going to check out Winnie the Pooh today, might even take the kids. I'll let you bros know how it is. Super pumped about The Smurfs Movie, too.
    Find a new slant.

Already saw the Pooh movie. It's quality. My thoughts are in white text. Pooh is more true to his character as good natured but slow witted (Owl as well, not so much Rabbit), a lot more "interaction with the book pages" that I always like. Solid all around. Only complaint is that it relied too much on the standard Pooh tropes (Eeyore's tail, Owl's absentmindedness, Christopher Robin going to school). It's essentially a reboot.
    STEW BEEF!

watched "notorious". h-cock, grant, birgman, and claude rains. loved it. grant is a government agent, claude rains is a runaway nazi war criminal living in rio de jenaro after the war. ingrid is the daughter of a recently convicted nazi who grant uses to get close to rains and his nazi buddies.

they dont make em like that anymore. but while grant was excellent, i couldnt help but feel that bogsy should have had the role.

+ Reply to Thread