+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 155
FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1549

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Tried to put it on in the background while I worked on some other stuff. Bad idea.....was hooked right in. Helluva ride, couldn't stop watching...

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I think Gutz predicted he'd love it and then quoted that prediction recently and said he did indeed love it.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Ping Pong Playa is well worth seeing, especially for the peeps on this board! An immature Chinese young adult with dreams of being the next Kobe Bryant is roped into the family business of ping pong. Lots of funny moments and basketball sensibilities! Note that it's about 25% in Cantonese, but it's easy to follow... mostly it's Cantonese and English mixed together, the way you often hear it spoken here.

just watched "hud". loved it. im a huge paul newman fan but this one stood out.

i think cool hand look is a little bit overrated. i liked this, the hustler, and even cat on a hot tin roof better than cool hand luke.

honestly, "hud" was amazing. i cant believe its not on more top movie lists. in fact, i stumbled upon it. why isnt this considered more of a classic than it is?

finally caught "the virgin suicides". little biased, cuz its about the old town, but i liked it. generally speaking, dont like sophia coppala or her work, but hard to imagine anyone else putting that movie together as well. not saying it was the greatest thing ever (and possibly a chick flick?). thinking about reading the book, since the writer was actually from grosse pointe, and i think the source had alot to do with the movie's strength. also, this movie probably could be about any suburban town (or urban, i guess), but it felt like it really was specific to grosse pointe.

pretty good movie, great soundtrack, and lots of young future stars to keep an eye out for. fair warning, the movies kind of a bummer!

Blog Entries
    b,

Have you seen "Big" with Tom Hanks yet?
    Find a new slant.

i have. planning on rewatching it, actually. why?

Blog Entries
    Was hoping to get your review, been planning on checking it out, but have been busy.
    Find a new slant.

its been a while, but think you'll like it. sort of a classic. have you never seen it?

Blog Entries
    All right, dammit, I was making fun of you for reviewing decade-old movies.

Ahhhh!
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread