+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 155
FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1549

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Saw a horror B-movie called Grave Danger. It's shot on video, and you may need to pfutz with the sound a little, but it was surprisingly well-acted and actually pretty fucking entertaining. It's basically an excuse to glue together a whole lot of horror movie conventions into one movie. Imagine the creepy dude making the phone call from Scream calls his would-be victim and they exchange horror stories and you have the framework. Thumbs up!

revolutionary road. finally saw it tonight. perhaps the most pointless, horribly boring, strange movie i've ever seen in my life. who is with me?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Higherwarrior
    revolutionary road. finally saw it tonight. perhaps the most pointless, horribly boring, strange movie i've ever seen in my life. who is with me?
    I take it that Kate Winslet doesn't take off her clothes?

She fucks in a car. That's it I think.

It was slow but I thought it did a better job of showing people working through the depression of the mundane normalcy of life and their disappointment at discovering they aren't unique than I expected. It would be easy to do it dishonestly and I don't think they did that too much. Ended well too.

Not the greatest at all and slow, but I've watched worse and didn't regret having watched it.
    STEW BEEF!

saw Up in the Air. It was a good movie and pretty funny. Normally I wouldn't say it needs to be seen in a theater (since it's a comedy/drama), but they do have lots of aerial shots from the plane that benifit from the big screen. Worth a rental at the very least.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Saw Revolver the other day starring Jason Stratham, Andre 3000, Mark Strong, and Ray Liotta. It's a severely poorly reviewed movie, yet it may be the best thing I've seen since Fight Club. Alot of interesting theories and concepts within a "gangster movie" style story. I recommend the movie if you are truly looking to watch something different. Might have to watch it a second time to get the ending maybe.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Watching "The Signal" on DVD, pretty bloody, pretty violent, pretty amusing. Not over yet but thumbs up so far.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Now I'm watching "Thank You For Smoking" by Ivan Reitman's son. Not sure if it's good yet but the fictional tobacco company instead of Camel is called "Alpaca". Good enough for me.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    I grabbed "Extract" out of the Red Box this afternoon and we're about to watch it. Should we bother?
    Find a new slant.

Saw Shutter Island this weekend. I thought it was pretty solid. Very good twist on the end. I would recommend seeing it.

+ Reply to Thread