+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 155
FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1549

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

I have been ripping the "Pussy Vampires" in that movie for well over a year now, and my wife told me "You can't make fun of it if you haven't even seen it." Well I had nothing to do last night and she was watching it. So now I've seen it, and now I can tell her how fucking retarded it is without catching any flack.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Anyone seen Avatar yet?

Cameron must have a massive fan club in OZ cause the press is all over this like white on rice.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Huge press over here - ridiculous actually. Doesn't come out until Friday, though.

MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Anyone seen Avatar yet?

Cameron must have a massive fan club in OZ cause the press is all over this like white on rice.
    It's got about a 90 on metacritic, I think. Good movie scores are not real easy to come by...

From everything I have seen it looks fucking amazing.

I'm just a little worried that I'm all hyped for it but the story will suck.

It's Cameron, so you know the action will/should kick ass. It's everything else, especially since he hasn't done an action movie since forever.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Viva is to '70s sexploitation as Lost Skeletons of Cadavra is to '50s bad sci-fi.

Blog Entries
    Avatar was outstanding. I saw it in 3D, which I typically think is retarded, but this movie was awesome with it. James Cameron proves yet again he is king of action. Three hour film, and not one dull moment.

10/10

avatar: plot is juvenile and predictable (probably intentionally so), and the dialogue is mediocre. but its a well directed movie that still hits the emotional notes and has great pacing.

but its definitly worth seeing, and at the theatre with 3d. i feel like avatar is a landmark film the same way the first color film was, and the first talkie. its almost worrisome to me, because im not typically an action movie type fan, but its hard to imagine movies coming out that dont follow avatar's direction.

I just saw Avatar today as well. It was the first time I've ever seen a movie in 3D or IMAX, and it was well worth the extra cash. The movie itself was very good, but the experience of the movie was incredible. You just get engrossed in the story.

I would love for them NOT to make a sequel of this movie. I think it would only take away from the epic of this story. Taking into account the entire movie experience, I give the movie a 10/10.

MoTown is right.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Cameron does the source material justice with sci-fi sequels, if Aliens and Terminator 2 are any indication. I kinda hoped he'd do a sequel to True Lies back in the day...

+ Reply to Thread