Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1549

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

Blog Entries
    I'll take cold over hot any day.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TBeau
    I'll take cold over hot any day.
    That's what SHE said.

Avatar was a tremendous looking piece of crap. It was very nice to look at....but still a piece of crap.

lmao - wizzle
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle

Avatar was a tremendous looking piece of crap. It was very nice to look at....but still a piece of crap.
    yea, the plots about as cookie cutter as it gets. i do find it funny when people accuse it of stealing from dances with wolves, or pocahantas, when its a plot thats been done a million times.

to me, cameron was just looking for a strong vehicle to showcase his new technology, and this one though common is still pretty good, and also allowed him to inject his own world view quite a bit.

but this movie really is a kid's movie, or atleast a young teenager's. i think if i was 12 i'd probably have seen this like 50 times already, and im sure thats what cameron was thinking. i always think its weird when adults complain that a kid's movie isnt sophisticated enough for them. if your looking for brains try watching a movie that isnt a cartoon action flick about aliens.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    yea, the plots about as cookie cutter as it gets. i do find it funny when people accuse it of stealing from dances with wolves, or pocahantas, when its a plot thats been done a million times.

to me, cameron was just looking for a strong vehicle to showcase his new technology, and this one though common is still pretty good, and also allowed him to inject his own world view quite a bit.

but this movie really is a kid's movie, or atleast a young teenager's. i think if i was 12 i'd probably have seen this like 50 times already, and im sure thats what cameron was thinking. i always think its weird when adults complain that a kid's movie isnt sophisticated enough for them. if your looking for brains try watching a movie that isnt a cartoon action flick about aliens.
    That sounds pretty true right there. My 12 year old nephew saw it 3 times in the first 4 days.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Anyone who watches a Cameron movie and then complains it's not smart enough is a moron. Obviously the guy knows what sells and that's what he provides.

If you wanna sit there and try to work shit out do a crossword puzzle in the dark, smart ass. See how smart you are then.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I saw Angel of Death, a web series edited together as a movie and released on DVD. It stars Zoe Bell, a kickass stunt woman who reminds me of an ex-gf, as an assassin who's out for revenge after seeng dead people as the result of a head injury. It was written by Ed Brubaker, who's a great writer of noir comic book fare. The results are mixed... some great Tarantino-ish scenes and dialogue, but an uneven pace and some dodgy visual and audio choices. If you like what you see after about 15 minutes at:

http://crackle.com/c/Angel_Of_Death

then it's definitely worth a rental. There's loads of extras on the DVD. It's one of those things I wanted to love, but only liked. Still, I liked it. I think it'd have been better served by either being made as a comic book -or- by being made into a more-proper bigger-budget movie at the onset, but there's some good moments (especially when Lucy Lawless comes into the picture).

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle

Perfect. Although when have you ever seen a tremendous looking piece of crap?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Watch an interview with Cameron about the movie before release. He was up front about saying he thought 12 yr old girls would see it 98 times like they did Titanic.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread