Two so far -- Xmen and Cars.

I thought Xmen 3 might blow, considering I'm not a terribly huge fan of narcissist Ratner. It didn't exactly "suck", or "blow"... but it didn't do much else, either.

As the closing credits began to roll, my friend leaned over to me and whispered "Y'know, they could've removed the ENTIRE Jean Grey storyline, and it'd still be the same film". Of course, they needed her to go psycho Phoenix on us to set-up the apparent fourth installment of the trilogy I leaned right back and whispered, "If the guards had the serum in their guns all along, then why lock up mutants like Juggernaut? Simply shoot him!"

Of course, then there's the mystery day-into-night scene where it seems to take Magneto five hours to move a bridge half way across the bay. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet, but you'll know it when it happens. This is most likely Ratner saying "Well, the bridge sequence needs daylight to show off the million dollar FX, but pyrotechnics work BEST when it's dark.

And Storm acts her stupid self once again. Halle Fucking Berry. Yep.

I've always been a massive fan of Pixar, but I really thought if there was a misfire in their future, "Cars" might be it. The previews last year didn't thrill me, and the story seemed too simple and predictible for it's own good.

Pixar STILL hasn't misfired. This is a pretty damn good film. And fuck if Pixar doesn't keep one-upping itself in the tech department. The storyline is basic Tom Cruise, but the characters are easy to like, and therefore easy to empathize and sympathize with when the time comes. The racing sequences are fucking amazing, and the whole deal is rather imaginative. Pixar has a way in developing likable characters that Disney hasn't achieved since, IMO, Beauty and the Beast. The only problem? I laughed my ass off when Michael Schumacher makes an appearance at the end -- as a Ferrari F430, flanked by two Maserati Quattroportes. My date didn't get the joke. Well, she's a girl, so I suppose it's not her job to know who the great Ferrari Champion is. Fair is fair -- I still can't tell the difference between velvet and velour.