+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 NBA Finals: Dallas vs Miami (Heat win 4-2)

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Stackhouse suspended for Game 5 for a flagrant 2 against Shaq!?
    Stern must really want this to go to 7 games...

i forget, what's the protocol for levels of flagarants vs. suspensions? is a flagarant 2 an automatic suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    The only thing i hate about about the MAvs is Cuban.
    I'm guessing that you wouldn't hate Cuban if he owned your team.

I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, and a few months ago, it was said that Cuban was interested in buying the team (he's from the area). If you are a fan of a periennial loser (like the Mavs were and the Pirates are) you couldn't dream up a better scenario than having a passionate billionaire, that is willing to do anything it takes to win, buy your team.

Do you think that Cuban would have balked at paying the luxury tax (which some believe cost the Pistons a chance at another finals appearance this year) if he owned the Pistons?
    your right. i'd much rather have cuban own the pistons than bill.

and typically, i like people who arent so guarded about what they say, and actually speak their mind rather than just say the same tired cliches.

but he talks too much. he says some things that are just stupid (he said the same tired shit everyone else was about the pistons).

plus, hes a card carrying jock sniffer. hes probably a fag. whats up with an owner trying to be buddy buddy with his players? do they have a choice?

I love Cuban. He's a fan that owns a team. Thats it. He's not an "owner" hes just a fan. I love this guy.

oh yea, and the #2 reason for hating the heat have to be the fans. bunch of goldbricking, bandwagonners. where were all those white shirts 2 years ago when the heat had probably one of the most likeable teams in the league?

"we have too nice of weather to be indoors watching basketball". everyone has nice fucking weather in may and june, jackass. league should disband the heat.

#3 reason to hate the heat: no one knows how to talk about the heat. since its not heats, people get confused when discussing them in the plural, and you get awkward sentences like "the heat is a basketball team". it should be the heat ARE a basketball team. thats why you dont pick a word with no plural form to name your team. thats what happens when you let hics into this league: anarachy.

I don't think that's correct.. Whether the team name is singular or pluralized makes little difference to sentence structure. What matters is the number of things attached to the subject term. For instance, "Team USA" can be considered a singular (or rather, non-pluralized) team name, but you don't say "team USA are the best". You say team USA is the best. That is, its a singular term if you are talking of the team as a singular structure. One team. If what you are saying is that all the members of the Heat are a team, then your sentence looks like this; "Those Miami Heat are a team" or "the heat are a team". Most often sport reports are simply talking about the Heat in the singular as one unit, so "is" would be correct.
    STEW BEEF!

Fool the English Teacher? Nice gimmick.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Overtime.

Oh yeah 23 fts for wade?

amazing

even w/ the wade lovefest, i can't believe the refs called that last foul to put wade on the line to ice the game.

+ Reply to Thread