View Poll Results: Do you feel that gay marriage should be outlawed?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 22.86%
  • No

25 71.43%
  • Unsure

2 5.71%

Thread: Gay marriage, should it be outlawed?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    No where have I seen a poll that asks "would you like Bush and congress to spend valuable time debating the issue of a constitutional ammendment banning gay marriage despite it having 0 opportunity of passing", though let me venture the majority of Americans would be opposed.

Do you have that one Geck, cause thats what Tay was talking about. You're welcome for the help with the logic.
    Thanks Herm, you did clear up what he was trying to say.

This is going off topic now, though it was always destined to end with something Bush is doing wrong. This crowd just won't waste that kind of opportunity. I really don't think this is what GD had in mind when he started this thread but such is life. I guess the majority wanting a ban scared most off topic.

To answer your question, I have no polls about Bush wasting American taxpayer dollars on this venture. If he is I am sure that it might be the first time ever that a President wasted time with something cause no one in the legislative branch ever does this.

P.S. To be genuine in answering your Bush question here is a quote on why he is wasting our time:

From today's Washington Times:
    Well, obviously in part its politics, but changing the definition of the oldest social institution in the human race, one that has been a man and a woman in every society for a long, long time, is a big deal. And if it's happening in a country, it's a legitimate issue and I think there is a legitimate issue here in that the president is right that judges have abrogated this decision which ought to be left to people either acting in referendum or in -- through their representatives. And that -- there are states, like Massachusetts in which it's been imposed and states like Georgia and Nebraska, where there has been a constitutional amendment where the people have spoken in large numbers and been stopped, stymied, by a judge.

Actually you should be gracious that our president is upholding the democratic process even if you think he's a war mogering idiot and do agree with his stance on this issue. You do want the peoples voice heard right? I already know the answer.
    Last edited by Gecko; 06-06-2006 at 08:37 PM.