+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1270 AM (WXYT) announces new lineup, including Opie & Anthony

Blog Entries

1270 AM (WXYT) announces new lineup, including Opie & Anthony

If you are a 1270 listener, say goodbye to sports talk in the a.m.

I'm surprised that XM is letting them syndicate the show, they are really going to have to tone it down, which is one of the big reasons they were on satellite in the first place.

1270 XYT The Sports Station announces the debut of THE OPIE AND ANTHONY SHOW beginning Monday, June 5. The three-hour program will be heard in Detroit from 6am - 9am right here on 1270 XYT The Sports Station.

The new weekday line-up on 1270 XYT will be as follows:

- The Opie and Anthony Show from 6am - 9am
    - Sports Inferno with Mike Valenti and Terry Foster from 9am - 1pm
    - Wetzel and The Gator with Dan Wetzel and Scott "the Gator" Anderson from 1pm - 3pm
    - The Big Show with Doug Karsch and Art Regner from 3pm - 7pm

Opie (Gregg Hughes) and Anthony (Anthony Cumia) returned to CBS RADIO in April 2006 and can currently be heard on FREE FM stations in New York (92.3 WFNY-FM), Dallas (105.3 KLLI-FM), and Philadelphia (94.1 WYSP-FM), WBCN-FM 104.1 in Boston, 93.7 K-ROCK in Pittsburgh (WRKZ-FM), 92.3 K-ROCK in Cleveland (WXRK-FM) and 103.1 THE BUZZ in West Palm Beach (WPBZ-FM).

THE OPIE AND ANTHONY SHOW originates from the WFNY-FM studio in New York and a simulcast of the show is also broadcast on XM. Since October 2004, Opie and Anthony have been heard exclusively on XM. Prior to that, their show was broadcast by more than 20 radio stations across the country, including CBS RADIO's WNEW-FM, the show's flagship station in New York. Hughes and Cumia first teamed up in 1994 hosting an evening program for WBAB-FM in Long Island, N.Y. In early 1995, the duo moved to WAAF-FM in Worcester, Mass., where they began hosting "The Opie and Anthony Show" in the afternoons and became one of the Boston market's most popular radio shows.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-05-2006 at 09:41 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Wow, not even a comment from Muhme?
    Find a new slant.

Probably because that shit was supposed to be Mola1 & Muhme. He's pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Wow, not even a comment from Muhme?
    Yeah this is fucking garbage. It was a move that we were forced to make. CBS Radio wanted them in the Detroit market and we were their only option. 97.1 you say? Well that would be logical wouldnt it? But I guess Rover had been doing better in this market and they wanted to keep him there making 1270 the station to go to. This was a move from NY that we had no choice in.

Good news is this...

Sports Inferno guys all got new deals with a new and improved producer...Wietzel and the Gator seems to be a pretty good show so far...plus with Dan writing for Yahoo! sports it should bring some people to listen...

Bad news is I still dont have a show there and yes it should have been MOLA and I...BTW check out my shit from Lansing in my SIGGY!!!

I hate this. They would have been better off just getting Wetzel for the AM show. This sucks because it takes the Sports Inferno off the air when I am at lunch (1-2). The morning doesn't matter much, I'll just listen to Drew and Mike more. But I want Mike and Terry back.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I hate this. They would have been better off just getting Wetzel for the AM show. This sucks because it takes the Sports Inferno off the air when I am at lunch (1-2). The morning doesn't matter much, I'll just listen to Drew and Mike more. But I want Mike and Terry back.
    Mike is one of my good friends but I like having Wetzel and Gator on from 1-3. They have a really good show and so far it has been packed with top notch guests. Since Wetzel is at Yahoo! they are going to be able to get all the Yahoo! guys. Sucks if that is your favorite show...but personally I like having Gator and Dan there.

+ Reply to Thread