+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: LOL@Dale Davis (an open letter)

Threaded View

LOL@Dale Davis (an open letter)

Silly you.

You thought you were brought into this organization to be a Shaq-stopper, or at least a Shaq-slower-downer. Ha! Did you have to get up off the bench every once in awhile because your ass was falling asleep? Did your eyes get tired watching Shaq completely dominate whoever was trying to guard him and throw down dunk after dunk? Did you even bother stretching before the game? Did you actually wear your uniform under those warmups? Do you even know what number you are? Funny, we all thought that you'd get more playing time when we got to the Heat, and I'm sure you did too. But it turns out that basketball minds infinitely more intelligent than ours decided that a non free-throw hitting Ben Wallace with dead legs, an Antonio McDyess with a fucked up wrist, and an apathetic Rasheed Wallace with a gimpy ankle could do a better job than you, despite the fact that you were no doubt more fresh, and no doubt more hungry. Maybe you were doomed because you once played for the Pacers? Maybe you accidentally pissed on Joe D's shoe in the bathroom? Who knows.

Sorry man, but have fun with your offseason workouts. And good luck trying to find some motivation to get on the weight bench.

I've never been mad at Joe about anything before his use of the MLE this offseason. Darko, Mateen, Rodney white...whatever. But signing Mo and DD was a disaster. You'd think we could have used our reputation and standing to attract a top tier guy to work into the rotation, but instead we got 2 bits of junk we'll be attached to next year.

Blog Entries
    Luckily, DD now has a tradeable expiring deal if Joe decides to go that route.

Unluckily, the fact that he didn't get any run really damages his trade value.

Everything hinges on Ben/Sheed right now. If either/both of them are gone, DD actually becomes a rotation player looking at major minutes.
    Find a new slant.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Yeah, Joe paying mega bucks for Dale Davis was a shame, I still can't knock him for Mo Evans, it's hard to be mad at someone that makes 1.5 mil. I mean seriously, what type of performance were you expecting from a guy that makes 700k or 800k more than the NBA minimum? Honestly, who in the market was THAT much better for that same dollar figure?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    First off, a 2 year $7 million deal for a backup C is not "megabucks", not by any stretch. That said, I never understood why we didn't use Dale as Ben's backup, and McDyess as Rasheed's backup. Rasheed swinging to C with McDyess at PF and the "almost-all jump-shooting lineup" rarely worked, even before Rasheed's ankle injury.

I KNOW!

Instead we use McDyess to back up sheed then Sheed to back up ben, or how ever it went. Fuck that. You have a 7 footer sitting on your bench, use him!

i don't get the Joe D bashing....his job is to bring in the right personnel. Flip's job is to use the surplus of bigs we have on the bench.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    i don't get the Joe D bashing....his job is to bring in the right personnel. Flip's job is to use the surplus of bigs we have on the bench.
    Who wants to touch on Kevin Cato weighing just as much as elden damn near and being a better shot blocker?

well thats all i'mma say on that.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Who wants to touch on Kevin Cato weighing just as much as elden damn near and being a better shot blocker?

well thats all i'mma say on that.
    He looked a HELL of a lot better than DD when we did play though he rarely did.
    I was so happy when we got Cato...he never got to play. Shame.

+ Reply to Thread