+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Genuine Offseason Thread

Yeah 8 and 4 from a guy picked #2 in on of the most loaded drafts of the past 20 years in his 3rd year for a lottery team isn't a bust. Darko is a piece of shit.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Wallace's lack of respect for Dumars' hand-picked coach helped explain why Detroit struggled in the second half of the season, going 22-9 over its final 31 games after posting a 42-9 record through mid-February.
    a 71% winning percentage (vs 82%) is stuggling??
    It gets even dumber if you factor out the garbage games. Assume we went 3-1 (winning against Toronto and either Milwaukee or Washington) instead of 1-3 for the final games that didn't matter for home court purposes. We'd have end with a 24-7 record and it'd be 77%.

Quote Originally Posted by JS
    Quote Originally Posted by metr0man
    is Okafur even available? wasnt he top draft pick?

and how do you guys feel about Jamal Magloire?

I'd go for a lot of the names mentioned above in exchange for Sheed. Okafur, CV, Odom, Frye, Randolph.
    There is speculation that Okafor could be dealt for a guy like Ben but only if Bob Johnson is willing to spend, which he has yet to indicate. Funny thing is Bob Johnson is in danger of pissing off the board of governors if he doesn't spend because he made promises not to alienate the people of Cha, and promised not to give the fans reason not to show up for the new franchise.
    Charlotte's salary cap was $37 mill. Thier total team salary was $33 mill this year. His stated plan from day 1 was to wait to blow his wad until his team finally got the right to use the full cap.
    STEW BEEF!

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy
    What we need is for Davidson to sell the team to an owner that is willing to pay the luxury tax.
    That would be a good start, but up to this point, has it really hurt us much? I can't think of a primo guy we had the money to get and chose not to. At this point, it seems like he won't go over for a fringe player like Carlos Arroyo and I'm fine with that. It remains to be scene what happens when he have the chance to make a big move and what he does with that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Charlotte's salary cap was $37 mill. Thier total team salary was $33 mill this year. His stated plan from day 1 was to wait to blow his wad until his team finally got the right to use the full cap.
    There are reports out today (can be found on Hoopshype) that the Bobcats (and some other Johnson holdings) are hemorraging cash and are in dire straights.

Las Vegas here they come!!
    Find a new slant.

I wonder if the Hornets having a good season and Chris Paul having a ROY season kept a lot of fans from converting over to bobcat fans.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy
    Yeah 8 and 4 from a guy picked #2 in on of the most loaded drafts of the past 20 years in his 3rd year for a lottery team isn't a bust. Darko is a piece of shit.
    He put up Dice numbers plus over 2 blocks a game in less than Dice minutes. More importantly, that shitty team seemed to become unbeatable once they got him. Beating every good team out there. Detroit, Miami, San Antonio, Dallas, etc. I know I hated watching Orlando games on league pass because all I heard announcers talk about is how stupid Detroit is for giving him away. I tend to agree, but I still hold on to hope that we can get something good with that Orlando pick.

He's far from Bosh, Wade, Melo, etc at this point, but he ain't the HVC anymore.
    Last edited by FP22; 06-06-2006 at 01:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread