+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Genuine Offseason Thread

I wouldn't touch Curry if my life depended on it. He is such a poor rebounder, defender, AND passer. Not really that great in FTs either. Frye would be a great pickup, but Zeke can't be that dumb to trade away his good players again.... can he?

Much as Curry has his problems, he can do two things:

1. He has size to match shaq nobody else has on this team.

2. He can score in the post.

One man's trash is another's treasure. Curry would solve two big issues on this team.

I can have hope that playing with tay rip and chauncey spreading the floor for him, he would develop into a better passer.

Curry is not the answer to any of the Pistons problems. Any he might come close to solving, would be outweighted by the others he'd create. Unless you are talking about the Vocalizer. He, I might take just to watch W.O.D's response all season long.
    STEW BEEF!

KStat, I do agree with you on that one. We do need someone who can at least stand in front of Shaq, but he is such a crap defender, I laugh everytime we play against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Curry is not the answer to any of the Pistons problems. Any he might come close to solving, would be outweighted by the others he'd create.
    Assuming we can get ben back, putting him alongside curry would be an awesome combo, theoretically.

1. Ben could play PF, where he belongs at this point.

2. We'd have a post presense that shoots %57 in the paint and doesnt rebound any worse than sheed.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO
    KStat, I do agree with you on that one. We do need someone who can at least stand in front of Shaq, but he is such a crap defender, I laugh everytime we play against him.
    I won't argue that, but the fact is Shaq cant throw curry around like everyone else. That alone makes curry valuable defensively, as laughable as that sounds.

Aside from that, Ben could be the HELP defender on shaq, which is what he was meant to do to begin with.

%90 of this series was spent with ben occupied and unable to help on defense, and you saw the result.

We dont need a terriffic defender at center. Ben can take care of that.

We need a post presence, and someone who can bring some SIZE. Ben can erase whatever defensive and rebounding issues he brings.

True, but the paint would be awfully crowded. Someone would have to teach Curry how to pass, since is just awful there.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO
    True, but the paint would be awfully crowded. Someone would have to teach Curry how to pass, since is just awful there.
    Good.

I would LOVE for the paint to be crowded every game for once.

Sheed Tay and Rip spreading the floor? By all means, crowd the paint....

Just once, I'd love to get OUR players wide open shots every play like Miami gets otherwise-shitty players like JWill and Walker.

Better a crowded paint than an empty one, with everyone out defending the perimeter, knowing we have no way to make them pay down low....

Not saying Curry is anything close to perfect, but he's everything we DIDN'T have this year. Beggars can't be choosers.
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-03-2006 at 12:56 AM.

Give me a mid-high pick for Sheed and some bench help and I do it. Grab a guy like Cedric Simmons or Patrick O'Bryant in the draft and give Max some real minutes.
    Last edited by FP22; 06-03-2006 at 01:02 AM.

now that thought really scares me fp. I gotta think you are writing that out of anger.

+ Reply to Thread