+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Genuine Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    ...and I'm not convinced Flipper WON'T be "released".

Sucks that Sac just signed Musselman. So, how about the former Sac coach? What's his name. Kind of famous for winning, y'know.

Adelman or Flipper?
    Adelman's not considerably better, if he is at all. There's not a coach available who is considerably better than Saunders.

Adelman failed to win a championship with great Portland teams in the early 90s, and he failed to win a championship with great Sacramento teams in the early 00s.
    Good points. Suggestion rescinded.

Me and you both, brother.

LB is a wet dream at this point.

Well, Flip will be back, so we might as well start an 07-08 offseason thread.
    Last edited by FP22; 06-02-2006 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    ...and I'm not convinced Flipper WON'T be "released".

Sucks that Sac just signed Musselman. So, how about the former Sac coach? What's his name. Kind of famous for winning, y'know.

Adelman or Flipper?
    Adelman's not considerably better, if he is at all. There's not a coach available who is considerably better than Saunders.

Adelman failed to win a championship with great Portland teams in the early 90s, and he failed to win a championship with great Sacramento teams in the early 00s.
    Good points. Suggestion rescinded.
    But Saunders does need to change the way he coaches. Once again, if we bring the same group back (and I think Dumars will), Flip needs to realize the regular season is meaningless.

Ironically, the health of our starters may have been bad in hindsight. If Rip were out for 10 games, that would force Delfino and Evans to have to play 20 to 25 minutes a game. If Sheed or Ben were out for 10 games, that would have forced Davis into 20 to 25 minutes a night. Flip needs to play the bench more, and not worry about the record.

KG and Brand are our dream trades. Chicago won't trade with us.

My ideal offseason is Rip and Sheed for Al Jefferson and Paul Pierce. Al is young and can play in the post but doesn't have the range of Sheed, which should be a good thing on our team. Pierce is better than Rip. Trade Evans so Flip will be forced to play Delfino. Resign Ben and Delk.

Start Chauncey, PP, Tay, Al, and Ben. Dice will get a lot of minutes with Al to keep Al in the post and give Dice the midrange J. Delfino and Delk will be our main other two bench guys, and Amir Johnson and Dale Davis getting spot minutes. I know you guys might not like this, but we need a true low post player almost beyond anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Me and you both, brother.

LB is a wet dream at this point.
    Yeah.

You know, I just wonder how quick players would be to accept LB and his philosophy back after being bounced embarrased by their mortal enemies, the heat?

I think pretty damn quick. Looking back at last year, that shit was fickle and childish. who fuckin cares if he dreamed about a job when he's under contract for three more years....... ARGH!

Instead of saying fuck you play the game, the organization kissed players ass and helped LB to the door. It's ironic, because there's a greater chance of them bolting now, then it was if LB stuck around. Im so fuckin pissed off yo.

Innovative Music Production.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO
    KG and Brand are our dream trades. Chicago won't trade with us.

My ideal offseason is Rip and Sheed for Al Jefferson and Paul Pierce. Al is young and can play in the post but doesn't have the range of Sheed, which should be a good thing on our team. Pierce is better than Rip. Trade Evans so Flip will be forced to play Delfino. Resign Ben and Delk.

Start Chauncey, PP, Tay, Al, and Ben. Dice will get a lot of minutes with Al to keep Al in the post and give Dice the midrange J. Delfino and Delk will be our main other two bench guys, and Amir Johnson and Dale Davis getting spot minutes. I know you guys might not like this, but we need a true low post player almost beyond anything else.
    I don't think that losing Rip's mid range shooting could help this team in any way. Also, swapping malcontents seems iffy to me.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Pierce hasn't been a malcontent this season. I don't really want to trade Rip at all, but in the end teams aren't just going to want Rasheed, outside of New York anyway. Tayshaun is not going anywhere. He likely has the most locked spot on our roster. There aren't going to be any better options than Chauncey available, even though he sucked it up after the Milwaukee series. I don't know what's going to happen to Ben, but similar to Chauncey, there aren't going to be better Centers available, even if he is on the decline.

In the end, this team needs someone who can take over down the stretch like Billups can, or get a basket when we are in a slump. The only other superstar who is really available is AI, and his contract is horrible considering his age.

We can't do better than Billups, and he and Rip are too good a combo to break up.

Tay is the one player who DID step up his game in May, so he isnt goign anywhere either.

Ben and Sheed look like the odd men out, unbelievable as it may be. Sheed doesnt play in the post enough, and Ben is halfway out the door already.

Id sign and trade Ben for whatever we can get, and try to sucker Zeke into taking Sheed for Frye or Curry.

+ Reply to Thread