15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pistons

13 86.67%
  • Heat

2 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Game 5: Pistons vs Heat - it's about pride (Wed 5/31, 8p , ESPN)

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Best we've looked in the last 9-10 games, but we need more of this:

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

-ojay!

"you didn't see David Stern's snipers ready for a headshot on Rip? Stern called it off, for fear of a drop in ratings."

that was hilarious

did anyone else hear/see Shrek's interview about Ben's block?

he said it was a foul and for the reporter to stop asking stupid questions.

either a). he really thought it was a foul and is a moron or b). he felt it was a stupid question, since there wasn't much to say about the great block and he's still a moron.

Blog Entries
    Gutz, I agree with you that Chauncey's penetration was a big success. I'd guess that we scored on about 85% of the plays when he broke down his defender and drove to the basket. He either pulled up and popped the short J, or slid the ball across to a wide open Dice.

I'd like to see a lot more of that.

And Ben's block was totally clean, but in Miami, that'll be a foul no question.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    And Ben's block was totally clean, but in Miami, that'll be a foul no question.
    Totally agreed. I said as much to myself when that happened.

Also, I didn't really mind that we went 0-8 (or 9) at one point from 3 point land. We were still winning because we were getting it done in the paint. That's the key to this whole series. When the Pistons have a presence in the paint, they're in the game and usually win. When they let one guy drive and stand around and watch, they don't stand much of a chance. They have to shoot 60%+ in order for that to work.

Getting back to Ben's total Shaq-pack - that was possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen on a basketball court. Good thing it happened at home.

btw, is it just me of did the Pistons do a great job w/ their zone defense last night? it seemed like it was the first time the Pistons were convinced the zone would be effective, instead of just going through to motions to appease Flip.

there were times when Wade really didn't look comfortable facing the zone.

from what i remember, Haslem only hit one midrange J against the Piston's zone. what killed them in game 4 was Haslem was nailing jumper after jumper vs the zone.

i definitely want to see them mix up the zone vs man to man to stifle Wade's penetration.

Blog Entries
    LOL@ ahb & Gutz Gatsu
    Find a new slant.

sorry, gutz and ahb.....couldn't resist

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Gutz, I agree with you that Chauncey's penetration was a big success. I'd guess that we scored on about 85% of the plays when he broke down his defender and drove to the basket. He either pulled up and popped the short J, or slid the ball across to a wide open Dice.

I'd like to see a lot more of that.
    only if saunders is smart enough to notice it. To his credit i think he had the big guys make an emphasis on catching a clean pass when billups looks for them on the drive(they dropped and/or fumbled like five dump off passes in the last game in miami). i'd also like to see more taking shaq off the dribble. Quick feet my ass, he still is a flat footed oversized dickhead and should be made to pay for it.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    sorry, gutz and ahb.....couldn't resist

man save that shit for a win in miami. because this means nothing unless they win on friday. and its not that i dont want them to win. its me needing to see proof of their capabilities. i need to see proof of Flip as a consistently good coach.

you know one espn guy said that the players havent lost a lick of faith in each other, but it was when they looked to leadership and adjustments to Flip and got not much in return. Flip did a better job and the players responded with better energy in game 5. but i gotta see them sustain that in a hostile environment. hopefully chuck daly gave him some big time advice.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread