15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pistons

13 86.67%
  • Heat

2 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 5: Pistons vs Heat - it's about pride (Wed 5/31, 8p , ESPN)

Game 6 wins this series. I think the pistons have to win in big fashion tonight. Hopefully they go all balls out tonight

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Did Rip officially -not- have his Game 4 flagrant 1 upgraded to a flagrant 2 + suspension? It was Wade, after all... I'm surprised Rip isn't banned from the league for having the temerity, the unmitigated gall, to actually touch Wade during the course of the game. That 3-4' surrounding Wade is "sacred space", per new league rules coming down from David Stern.

you didn't see David Stern's snipers ready for a headshot on Rip? Stern called it off, for fear of a drop in ratings.

PISTONS WIN!

105-87

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    PISTONS WIN!

105-87

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    PISTONS WIN!

105-87
    [MEDIA]http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/yessir2.mp3[/MEDIA]

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    i think we can all agree this might be the most important game in this current roster's recent history.
    With that said, keep an eye on Sheed tonight on the offensive end. If he's loitering around the 3 point stripe and not offering to work for a rebound, we're done.

We need all 5 players tonight. If Sheed takes another night off, he can go ahead and fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    alright, some positive vibes........here are the simple things the Pistons can do to take this game:

1. Come out strong - start the game with intensity on both ends of the floor. the series is all but won in the eyes of the Heat. psychologically, they feel they can afford to give up this game and take game 6 at home. perfect chance to come out strong out of the gates.

2. Move the f*@#@ing ball - we FINALLY saw glimpses of it in the 3rd quarter of game 4. high pick and roll w/ chauncey and sheed....the bread and butter of our offense (besides Rip's curl) throughout our entire regular season. this forces Fatoine to step out and can create mismatches. just pass the damn ball around.

3. Defense - let's see some zone and man to man. mix it up and keep the Heat on their toes. it stifled them for small stretches in game 4. use it to prevent Wade from penetrating, just be wary of their spot up shooters. quite honestly, at this point, no one's shutting down Wade. our only hope is to lure Wade into offensive fouls and limit his time on the floor. this is where Lindsey and Ben can draw fouls. if Dale Davis can give Wade another hard, honest foul, i'd be ecstatic.

4. Play the bench early - this is on Flip. bring in Delfino, Delk, Lindsey and Dice early. don't bring them in when the game is slipping away and the starters are exhausted. i'd say bring 'em in about half way to three quarters of the way through the first quarter.

5. Run the ball - the Heat want to slow the game down. they want Shrek to preserve his energy by lumbering up the court. push the ball and out run these fools. we're at the Palace and the crowd will be dying and begging for something to cheer for. fast break points will ignite the crowd and the team can feed off of it.

all comebacks start with 1 win.
    Perfectly said Matt. Hopefully Flip has the same ideas in mind.

Matt, will you be around on Skype tonight? I'm really anxious to hear the game. Let me know through a PM or IM me at BallaForLif3. Thanks bro.

DETROOIITTT BASKETBALLLLLLLLLLL!!

Actually, don't worry about it Matt. They've got it on ESPN Radio.

Blog Entries
    As unfathomable as it might be, this could be Ben Wallace's final game as a Piston.

Let's hope not.

Pistons by 18.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread