15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pistons

13 86.67%
  • Heat

2 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 5: Pistons vs Heat - it's about pride (Wed 5/31, 8p , ESPN)

Game 5: Pistons vs Heat - it's about pride (Wed 5/31, 8p , ESPN)

every comeback starts with one win, so now's a good a time as any.

i believe..................in a Game 6. one game at a time. don't let those pricks celebrate on our home court.

let's see some more of this:

Last edited by Matt; 05-30-2006 at 08:25 AM.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i am proud of Dale, he established some toughness with his hard fouls for a short period of time...now the other guys have to follow his lead...shut up play hard and WIN !

Well, if we're going to do it, we have to win in dramatic fashion at the palace. Billups needs to go off for 40 each night.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    The officiating will be a lot better at home, but the Pistons can't hit foul shots, anyway.

And even if the Pistons win in Detroit, there's still a little matter of the officiating for game 6, which will be in Miami, which means the Heat will shoot 2 or 3 times as many free throws, and win the series.

Heat in 5 or 6, depending on whether the Pistons show heart tomorrow night.

Either way, I'm on my way to Big Time Worldwide to sell my tickets right after I click "submit reply". There's no way I'd pay $250 plus parking to watch Sheed plan his summer vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

FWIW, the Pistons had more free throw attempts than Miami in all three of the previous games.

Yes, the Heat got a shit-load of foul shots, but a lot of those fouls were the results of crappy footwork and laziness. Even some of the most hotly contested calls were proven to be the right calls when looking at the replays. Wade even got fouled on a three-pointer that wasn't called.

I certainly don't think the Pistons got the benefit of the doubt last night, but I don't think they played hard enough to deserve it, either.

I'd like to see the Pistons we saw in the 3rd quarter of Game 4, for all four quarters. That's the Pistons that can beat this Heat team. String together four quarters of that, and we win Game 5.

Poll added.

I believe we win game 5. If we don't, JoeD please pursue purchasing some dynamite.

I'm willing to let it play out, but I'm not confident in my team anymore. How can we be down 1-3.

i think we can all agree this might be the most important game in this current roster's recent history.

a loss tonight and the JoeD's got some tough decisions to make. this could be the last we see of this starting lineup as we know it. the starting five that we've grow to love is in jeopardy.

a win tonight gives hope. if the Pistons can pull it together and somehow show glimpses of the team that dominated the regular season, we might forget the turmoil for one more day. one more chance to salvage this team.

alright, some positive vibes........here are the simple things the Pistons can do to take this game:

1. Come out strong - start the game with intensity on both ends of the floor. the series is all but won in the eyes of the Heat. psychologically, they feel they can afford to give up this game and take game 6 at home. perfect chance to come out strong out of the gates.

2. Move the f*@#@ing ball - we FINALLY saw glimpses of it in the 3rd quarter of game 4. high pick and roll w/ chauncey and sheed....the bread and butter of our offense (besides Rip's curl) throughout our entire regular season. this forces Fatoine to step out and can create mismatches. just pass the damn ball around.

3. Defense - let's see some zone and man to man. mix it up and keep the Heat on their toes. it stifled them for small stretches in game 4. use it to prevent Wade from penetrating, just be wary of their spot up shooters. quite honestly, at this point, no one's shutting down Wade. our only hope is to lure Wade into offensive fouls and limit his time on the floor. this is where Lindsey and Ben can draw fouls. if Dale Davis can give Wade another hard, honest foul, i'd be ecstatic.

4. Play the bench early - this is on Flip. bring in Delfino, Delk, Lindsey and Dice early. don't bring them in when the game is slipping away and the starters are exhausted. i'd say bring 'em in about half way to three quarters of the way through the first quarter.

5. Run the ball - the Heat want to slow the game down. they want Shrek to preserve his energy by lumbering up the court. push the ball and out run these fools. we're at the Palace and the crowd will be dying and begging for something to cheer for. fast break points will ignite the crowd and the team can feed off of it.

all comebacks start with 1 win.

+ Reply to Thread