+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 4 OGT: Life or Death 5/29 8pm ET on ABC Bitch!

So, what do you guys plan to do with your june?

hunt down and break the kneecaps of every official from tonight's fix/game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Of course it's the Ref's fault!

The Pistons can't even sustain a modest effort for more than 2 consecutive qtrs. This is going on 9 games in a row now. The ref's excuse is mighty lame.

Hunt down Rasheed and break his knees please.

yeah, but its awfully easy for miami to hack us on every other shot and create running opportunities. Any team can look really good when there's that much of a difference in how you're allowed to play.

Tonight's offense wasnt bad as it was just Miami grabbing ar our arms and forcing us to look bad. If we could do the same thing to them, We'd have won by 20.

I thought Flip's defensive adjustments in the 2nd half worked great, he just wasn't allowed to keep his best players in the game, and the Heat eventually broke through.

Maybe losing in the Finals wasnt good enough for the pistons? They seem to be taking the 1st 3 rounds of the playoffs for granted, like they're just going to win and get back to the finals no problem. Maybe losing before the finals and going home is a good thing. Get their collective heads right over the summer.

They need to get back to their defensive roots. Had that been the pistons 2 years ago, the heat would have been in the 70's right along with them.

The 2004 Pistons were also allowed to play defense.

Put that team in this game and they probably lose by 20. I dont see how they could expect to win since half the team would foul out by halftime.

And it sickens me that the refs were so freaking bad that im not mentioning how badly we looked. THey gave the players and flip a crutch they didnt deserve.

I'd love to bash sheed, but he wasnt allowed to stay in the game so I have no idea what he would have done.

Put sheed in a miami jersey, and he might have 2 fouls doing the same things.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-29-2006 at 11:21 PM.

Flip's plan is brilliant -- but you must view it with objective eyes to understand it's genius:

First, take as many jump shots as possible, and from that have half of them be 3pt attempts. This keeps the Pistons from sapping their energy with greuling inside play and hard drives to the basket.

Second, foul DWade as hard as you can. Even if he's not injured, you're weaking him with each slug. By game five he should only be a shell of his former self.

Third, the Pistons play their best when the proverbial "chips" are down, so a 3-1 series deficit only means the Pistons will finally play like they should.

Fourth, dress better than RiLeY. This will eventually get to "the king of style", and in his demented state of being "had" fashionably by some dude named "Flip", call a horrible final 3 games.

I believe this to be the perfect plan, similar to that of General Morgan at the Battle of Cowpens during the Revolutionary War, or that of Patton at the Battle of the Bulge during WW2. Flip will go down in history as the master architect of deceptive warfare.

Or, he'll get shot for being outcoached by a Metamucil-chugging geriatric.

Your choice.

Flip's probably gone if they lose the series.

If they lose game 5, he probably won't last a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Of course it's the Ref's fault!

The Pistons can't even sustain a modest effort for more than 2 consecutive qtrs. This is going on 9 games in a row now. The ref's excuse is mighty lame.

Hunt down Rasheed and break his knees please.
    Effort or not, the team that fouled the least this year by far somehow managed to allow 47 FTs, which I believe is the second most in the playoffs this year and what has to be the largest FT differential. The Heat almost took as many FTs as they did FGs. Of course there are going to be a few iffy calls here and there, but this game was chock full of one-sided calls.
    Last edited by Comrade; 05-29-2006 at 11:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread