+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 3: Pistons @ Heat (Sat 5/27, 8p ET, ESPN, Chat)

Funny how the last two years we were able to play though that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Funny how the last two years we were able to play though that.
    yeah, last year we never let the horrible lopsided star bailing out refs effect the outcome of games.

: /
    Hype?

Still they hard their chances and some how they always turned the ball over. I dont know how many times Dyess had a fucking dunk and for some reason passed it out, resulting in a turn over.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    The refs did fuck us, though... totally killed momentum twice with obviously bad calls and no-calls. Even if Ben and Tay brought it tonight, we'd still have lost in an 8 on 5 game.
    this was forseen in the stars.

Larry Brown raised the point after game 2 vs the Spurs that the Pistons were 1-7 when Danny Crawford or Ron Garretson officiated their playoff games. Of course we all know that it’s just happenstance that its turned out that way. If the Pistons just happen to play poorly when one of those two officials were on the court, that’s just the way it goes…..
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Heat take 2-1 lead over Pistons

Pistons’ late rally is wasted in Miami

May 27, 2006
    BY JON PAUL MOROSI

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Miami's Dwyane Wade drives to the basket against Detroit's Ben Wallace in Saturday night's Game 3 in Miami. (KIRTHMON F. DOZIER/DFP)

MIAMI -- The Pistons trail 2-1, in the Eastern Conference finals. And that is the least of their worries.

What happened here Saturday night -- the Miami Heat's 98-83 deconstruction of the once-fearsome Pistons -- was more than a loss. It was a showcase of the many reasons why this team may fall fantastically short of the championship expectations that have followed them into arenas for three years.

The Pistons are not playing their trademark defense. They are not scoring in the paint -- to the tune of a 50-16 disadvantage there Saturday.

And there may already be some signs that their model collectivism has cracked -- along the walking fault line that is the talented, hard-to-figure Rasheed Wallace.

In what may either be a telling display of discord, or a simple act of frustration, Wallace brushed past Pistons coach Flip Saunders on his way to the bench after leaving the game in the first half. Saunders extended his hand. Wallace did not shake it.

Later, after the Heat took an 11-point lead into the second half, Wallace found his stroke. He hit a three-point play to start the half. Then he nailed a 12-foot fadeaway. Then he buried a three-pointer. Suddenly, after hobbling on his ankle for over a week, he seemed himself again. And then he disappeared.

He fouled Shaquille O'Neal and missed his next three-pointer. Soon, he was on the bench. He scored only two points thereafter, finished with 11, and did not speak to reporters afterward.

"We need to let Rasheed go to work," said Antonio McDyess, who, somewhat ironically, was the one who replaced Wallace in the lineup. "He was dominating down there. Then we went away from that.

"We started calling plays that weren't working."

Asked if Wallace's reduced touches were the result of play-calling or the players' decisions, McDyess said, "It doesn’t matter if it was play calling. We should've recognized it. You don't go away from a guy who has the hot hand, like Rasheed."

"At that point, I would think you should've gotten Rasheed the ball, play-calling or not," McDyess continued. "He should've gotten the ball. Point blank. He was going. He was feeling good about himself. He missed one shot, and came to the bench frustrated because he missed the shot. Still, that’s not a reason to go away from him."

In his news conference, Saunders explained that Wallace had been removed because of foul trouble -- he had five -- but that the Pistons had made a "conscious effort to get him the ball in the third quarter when he got going a little bit."

Wallace was back on the floor, late in the fourth quarter, when Saunders initiated a tactic that would have been foreign to the title-winning 2004 team. With 4:28 left and the Pistons trailing by eight, 83-75, Saunders got Ben Wallace's attention, made a bear-hug motion, and pointed toward O'Neal. Once the ball was passed inbounds, Ben Wallace bear hugged O'Neal for a foul. O'Neal went to the line. He missed both.

Hack-a-Shaq worked. And then it didn't. O'Neal grabbed the rebound. Richard Hamilton fouled him. Naturally, O'Neal hit the next two free throws to restore a 10-point lead.

Earlier, the Pistons staged a furious comeback, led by Billups and Rasheed Wallace, who buried a jumper early in the third quarter for his 10th point of the second half. It cut the deficit to 74-67. At that point, Miami had not scored in the fourth quarter. And the next points -- the next six, in fact -- belonged to Billups. He was knocked back as he hit the last one, to pull the Pistons within one. Pat Riley called timeout.

But the Pistons never got closer than that. McDyess missed a difficult lay-up that would have given them the lead, before fouling Dwyane Wade on the other end for a three-point play. Wade glared into the crowd. He seemed sure the game was over. And it was.

"Big turnaround," McDyess said. "Foul, who knows? Dwyane Wade, Antonio McDyess -- OK, Dwyane Wade gets that call every time. Then he comes down and get a three-point play.

"I thought Shaq pulled me down, and they called it one me. They're at home. They get the calls."

Billups, the easiest name to blame after a sluggish Game 1, was not the problem on this night. He distributed the ball well. His teammates, though, did not take enough of the open shots Billups and his fellow guards had created.

They cringed through a 2-for-10 performance from the foul line by Ben Wallace. They witnessed a comedown from Tayshaun Prince, who had three points after being an offensive star two nights before.

"Ain't the Detroit Pistons I know," McDyess said. "We normally shut people down. We get stops. This is how we win.

"It's like a broken record now. We keep saying, 'Defense, defense.' But nothing changes."
    we dissed the shit out of the clips for hack a ben. then we use that garbage hack a shaq bs. i've never been more annoyed with my team. not even in the teal days. in the teal days i could accept we just werent good enough. but we are by far better than this bs i'm seeing from these guys.
    ^

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    The game's recorded on the DVR.

Don't feel like watching it though.

Tay: 3 points? 50 to 16 points in the paint?

Hack-a-fucking-Shaq? Where's the defense?

This team has turned into garbage.

I'm taking a break from this fucking shit.

-ojay!

I'm sick of the Pistons.

I'm sick of all the talk. (This team is nowhere near as good as they think they are)
    I'm sick of all the whining.
    I'm sick of the stagnant offense.
    I'm sick of the isolation on offense.
    I'm sick of playing 4 on 5 on offense.
    I'm sick of no points in the paint and contested jump shots.
    I'm sick of missing makeable jumpshots.
    I'm sick of the lazy defense.
    I'm sick of the unjust arrogance.
    I'm sick of lacksadaisacal play.
    I'm sick of 'Sheed disappearing.
    I'm sick of Ben shooting 20% from the foul line.
    I'm sick of Flip and his non-adjustments.
    I'm sick of thinking how much better we would be if that #2 pick 3 years ago wasn't Darko.

This team isn't even going to smell The Finals. Stick a fork in the Pistons, they're done. Heat in 6. Book it.

Call me bandwagon, but I speak the truth. Things need to change in the D. If the Pistons do manage to come back and win the series, I'm not allowed to get back on. I'll rock a clown av and sig for an entire calendar year, stating the reason why.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

You all sound like a bunch of bitches. Waiting til' Monday.

See you all then.

Well said, M1.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    You all sound like a bunch of bitches. Waiting til' Monday.

See you all then.
    Even if with a win monday, we still some pussies for breaking out the hack a shaq. some of this is ranting of course. And in fact i figured we'd lose the saturday game with danny crawford reffing it(only one playoff win with him at the helm is just bad omen). Of course I hope the pistons feel pissed off and focused. That would be great.

Either way nothing like turmoil and a must win game with adversity. the heat think that they ruffled our feathers, but we've ruffled our own. hopefully we do what we're supposed to and serve the proper beverage monday.
    Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.
    ^

+ Reply to Thread