+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Pistons v. Heat (Thu 5/25, 8p ET, ESPN, Chat)

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar

Game 2: Pistons v. Heat (Thu 5/25, 8p ET, ESPN, Chat)

Eastern Conference Finals

Heat lead 1-0

VS

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone's Shy, Friendly, Unassuming, Undemanding, Non-Leading, No Backbone Having, Smiley Next Door Neighbor Who Would Never Challenge Anyone To Do Anything, And Thinks His Job As Coach Is Simply Not To Upset The Apple Cart That Larry Brown Built, Mr. Flip
    Wallace reported that his ankle is "75 to 80%." Asked if the Pistons can win with Wallace in that state, Saunders responded with praise for reserve forward Antonio McDyess.

"The one guy that played pretty well (Tuesday) was McDyess," Saunders said. "We're going to probably start trying to ride him a little more, and use 'Sheed in certain situations."
    What was that? An adjustment? A move that could upset one of his players? A move that takes backbone? I bet he doesn't follow through on this one. It would be out of character for him to risk upsetting Rasheed and making him not want to have play dates with Flip anymore.

Isn't that Zo's left arm shoving Lindsey while he's driving? No call, huh? I wonder if Dice did that to Payton.

Does anyone else here wonder why Zo and Dice had similar careers, similar career threatening injuries (although Zo's was more life threatening), similar comebacks, and yet Zo, who is not considered such a nice guy league wide, can literally punch you in the face without getting called for it, while Dice has had a foul called on him every time he's breathed near anyone ever since he came back from injury. Am I the only one who thinks these two are officiated TOTALLY differently? I have no clue how Zo doesn't foul out of every game.

YES!! I got away with another one! FLEX!!!

Game 1 Statistical Leaders

Dwyane Wade 25

Rebounds:
    Ben Wallace 14
    Udonis Haslem 9

Assists:
    Chauncey Billups 7
    Dwyane Wade 5

Steals:
    Ben Wallace 3
    Dwyane Wade 2

Blocks:
    Richard Hamilton 1
    Flexo Mourning 2

Bench Points:
    Pistons: 16
    Heat: 25

Official Game Chat
    Starts: 8:00pm EST

Click here to enter CHAT
    (please be aware that the chatroom is logged and monitored, and any funny and/or incriminating stuff you say will most likely be posted here)

Requirements:
    1. You must be a registered member of WTFDetroit.com (click here to register)
    2. Get the latest version of Flash for your computer

Round 3 Schedule

Game 1: Heat win 91-86
    Game 2: at DET Thu, May 25 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ESPN
    Game 3: at MIA Sat, May 27 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ESPN
    Game 4: at MIA Mon, May 29 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ABC
    *Game 5: at DET Wed, May 31 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ESPN
    *Game 6: at MIA Fri, Jun 2 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ESPN
    *Game 7: at DET Sun, Jun 4 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ABC

* - If necessary
    Last edited by Matt; 05-25-2006 at 09:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

damn you, i was making the thread, ready to post and you beat me to it. my work shall not go to waste!

edit: merged our OGT's to form a super-voltron-like-OGT
    Last edited by Matt; 05-25-2006 at 09:25 AM.

We have to get back to having more fun on the basketball floor," he said after the Pistons' short film session Wednesday. "A lot of times when we're great on that floor, we're out there smiling and we're out there laughing and we are all out there having a good time."Right now, it's not like that. It's like, 'Aw man, we're fighting for everything.' "
    maybe it's that simple. let's see the guys play loose and move the ball on the offensive end. our defense has been adequate and we all know our offense is putrid.

If Walker and PAyton both score over 10 points, Im going to go nuts and then kick Flip in the nuts

Quote Originally Posted by CrossYouUp
    kick Flip
    Gnarly!

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.
    Last edited by Fool; 05-25-2006 at 09:56 AM.
    STEW BEEF!

can we just whoop their asses tonight? i'm so tired of hearing the media blast the Pistons as saying they're done. if this team starts hitting their shots and finally playing like the Pistons we saw for 82 games, i really don't see much of a problem w/ Miami.

let's steamroll these punks and send Wade home crying.

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    can we just whoop their asses tonight? i'm so tired of hearing the media blast the Pistons as saying they're done. if this team starts hitting their shots and finally playing like the Pistons we saw for 82 games, i really don't see much of a problem w/ Miami.

let's steamroll these punks and send Wade home crying.
    I demand this happen. I'm tired of watching the ups and downs. And I also want to see somebody step up physically and respond to the hard fouls and Mourning's flexing.

we're gonna fuck these bitches in the ass. fuck th heat. this is our game.

Please Flip... go inside early. If Sheed's got his panties in a bunch, then give the ball to Tayshaun in the post. They've just got to try to get something easy to start the game. I hate how they seem to love to start games with 20 footers everytime. This method never works.

i really hope Tayshaun continues to attack the basket. draw fouls on Shrek. also, if everyone will just pump fake once when driving the lane vs. Flexo. he falls for that everytime.

i think tonight's the night we break out of our offensive slump.

+ Reply to Thread