+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ECF: Detroit (1) vs Miami (2), Heat win 4-2

ECF: Detroit (1) vs Miami (2), Heat win 4-2

An epic battle of Good vs. Evil

vs.

We have the talent, chemisty, heart....

They have the....... food.... and star treatment.

Round 3 Schedule

Game 1: at DET Tue, May 23 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ESPN
    Game 2: at DET Thu, May 25 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ESPN
    Game 3: at MIA Sat, May 27 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ESPN
    Game 4: at MIA Mon, May 29 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ABC
    *Game 5: at DET Wed, May 31 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ESPN
    *Game 6: at MIA Fri, Jun 2 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ESPN
    *Game 7: at DET Sun, Jun 4 - 8:00 pm EDT TV: ABC

* - If necessary

This will be a dogfight, but we all know our 'Stones can handle it.

All we need now is a classic "Gutz Presents: 'Fuck the Heat' Montage."

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

An epic battle of Good vs. Evil
    ROFLMAO!!

funny because it's true.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-23-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance with Geiko!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Fuck a Geico. That shit doesn't work.

My AAA's cheaper. Fucking lies man.

Fuck Zo too. He ain't shit.

one thing to note, in the Chicago and New Jersey series, i think i've seen more offensive foul calls on Shrek than i've seen in his whole career. that definitely bodes well for us. anyone else notice this?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    one thing to note, in the Chicago and New Jersey series, i think i've seen more offensive foul calls on Shrek than i've seen in his whole career. that definitely bodes well for us. anyone else notice this?
    yep. watch them change the calls back in his favor to keep the series close.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

one would think (hope) that if jason collins and mike sweetney can get the respect of some Snaq-off-arm-calls, DPOY Ben Wallace can get a few.

i hope.

"We have to get back to having more fun on the basketball floor," he said after the Pistons' short film session Wednesday. "A lot of times when we're great on that floor, we're out there smiling and we're out there laughing and we are all out there having a good time.
    "Right now, it's not like that. It's like, 'Aw man, we're fighting for everything.' "
    "We do have to get back to having fun," Saunders said. "We do have to get back to playing the way we've played all year, as far as moving the ball, being more aggressive offensively and making basketball plays.
    "We haven't made good basketball plays. It's almost like we're thinking too much, trying to overthink the game instead of reacting to what is given you."
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...605250305/1127

Blog Entries
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/b...la-sports-heat

Wade hands Pistons a backhanded compliment

By Ethan J. Skolnick
    South Florida Sun-Sentinel

May 26, 2006

AUBURN HILLS ยท Dwyane Wade took 20 shots in Game 1, making 11, for 32 points.

Then the Heat guard took a pair of pointed shots at the Pistons during his postgame news conference.

Asked what had contributed to his nine turnovers, Wade admitted that a couple were simply rushed passes.

"They did a good job with pressure," Wade said. "I'm not like them. I'm gonna give them credit."

So Wade doesn't think the Pistons give the Heat any credit?

"No," he said softly.

Pause.

"They was tired," Wade said, referring to comments the Pistons actually made after Game 1, in explaining their defeat. "That's what y'all said. That's why we won the first game."

Wade then was asked whether the Pistons changed their approach to him by becoming more aggressive. In only one way, he said.

"When you're coming up the court and Rip [Hamilton] is doing that bumping stuff, that's the only thing I've seen," Wade said. "Maybe I'll try it and see if I can get away with it."

Wade added that he "still got some shots I wanted." After missing all three in the first quarter and scoring only two points, he began driving to the basket and scored 14 in the second.

Forwards off the mark
    The Heat's primary forwards took a step back.

They had more fouls (eight) than points (two) in the first half. They made only 6 of 21 field goals overall and attempted only four free throws. They were outscored by the Pistons' three primary forwards 43-19 and outrebounded 19-12.

Udonis Haslem endured an extension of his Game 1 struggle, when he missed all seven shots. In Game 2, he missed his first two before making a jump shot early in the third quarter. He played only 14 minutes, none late.

Antoine Walker was coming off his first solid performance in five appearances against the Pistons this season but made only 3 of 12 Thursday. "I had some good looks on 3s, and missed them," Walker said.

James Posey committed three fouls in his first four minutes, which compelled Pat Riley to sub in Shandon Anderson, before trying a three-guard lineup of Wade, Jason Williams and Gary Payton. That worked briefly, but the size deficiency was apparent on a putback by Pistons small forward Tayshaun Prince. Posey did have an impact defensively, drawing a charge and forcing an eight-second violation.

Riley even used a new forward: Alonzo Mourning. The coach inserted the backup center to play with Shaquille O'Neal for four minutes late in the third quarter. Pistons power forward Rasheed Wallace promptly made a long jump shot, then a 3-pointer, over Mourning.

"When he's making them from 27 feet or 28 feet, that's a long way to close out," Riley said of Wallace.

That wasn't Riley's only wrinkle. He went to a defensive zone for several minutes in the first half, with mixed results.

Remember Mourning?
    Now that Mourning is almost recovered from his calf injury, Riley suggested he could get more offensive opportunities.

"I sort of forget about that because for eight years, I always threw him the ball all the time, and he still has the capabilities of doing that," Riley said. "He is a viable option for us to post-up when Shaq is out of the game against certain matchups."
    Find a new slant.

Wade is nothing but a bitchmade asshole.

+ Reply to Thread