+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: For posterity's sake...

Thumbs up For posterity's sake...

I'll post this today:

"We always had an excuse for last year — everybody. You guys talked about it, players talked about it. We had guys hurt, we had too much time off. There was always an excuse and there's none now."
    - Pat Riley, 5/22/06

We'll see what's said after the Heat get fucking stomped into the court.

"Shaq didnt eat enough before the game"

"Walker and O'Neal reportedly on bad terms due to argument over last Twinkie"

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TK
    I'll post this today:

"We always had an excuse for last year — everybody. You guys talked about it, players talked about it. We had guys hurt, we had too much time off. There was always an excuse and there's none now."
    - Pat Riley, 5/22/06

We'll see what's said after the Heat get fucking stomped into the court.
    Looks like we don't have to wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit News on 5/23/06
    Most people love to have a week to relax from stressful situations at work.

That sentiment doesn't apply for Heat coach Pat Riley , who isn't thrilled his team hasn't played basketball since closing out the Nets on May 16.

If Riley had a say, the Heat would have been playing real basketball days ago.

"I really don't like it and it does take away the edge," Riley said after Monday's practice. "It's too much time (off). I think Sunday would have been perfect for us, but you have to deal with it.

"We had four really hard days of practice -- bikes, cardio, sprints -- things like that. But you can't duplicate it (real game situations). Then again, how close are you going to come to contact when you're worried about getting guys hurt? We do the best we can. We're ready to play. Just how ready we are, we'll see."

Dwyane Wade knows the layoff could be a factor, as it was in last year's Eastern Conference finals. The Heat swept the Wizards last season in the semifinals May 14, and had to wait until May 23 to play the Pistons.

"We are going to be a little bit rusty, but we have to come off the blocks early," Wade said. "We feel good, guys are healthy, and so we'll take that going into the series rather than being banged up."
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

I like where this thread is headed.

"Zo suffers unfortunate aneurysm while flexing over a successful inbound pass."
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I like where this thread is headed.

"Zo suffers unfortunate aneurysm while flexing over a successful inbound pass."

Nothing is going to top that in this thread

LMFAO

Blog Entries
    The ghost of Ron Jeremy haunts this team.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

"Udonis Haslem suffers a severe case on anti-aging an is unable to go by game 3 "
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu

"Udonis Haslem suffers a severe case on anti-aging an is unable to go by game 3 "

ROTFLMAO!!!

"I'mmagonaamirblfarbadoodoofamummm, and thenI'llmoombaflooglarmaoof"

- Shaq

+ Reply to Thread