0 0%
  • Rasheed Wallace

2 11.76%
  • Other

1 5.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Game 1: Pistons vs Heat (Tue 5/23, 8p ET, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by TK
    Pistons in 5.
    You're high.
    Why?

The Pistons played like shit last night, and were in the game almost the whole way. They get their legs back, they'll make more of those open looks. Do you honestly expect them to shoot 38% the whole series? Did Shaq dominate us? Who did, other than Wade?

Payton.

Do you see Payton playing all-world every game this series? Fatoine? Do you think we'll not be able to come up with a gameplan to stop them?

Have some faith.

Blog Entries
    Some interesting and telling stats:

FGA
    Det- 82
    Mia- 64

FG%
    Det- 38%
    Mia- 56%

3FGA
    Det- 21
    Mia- 14

FTA
    Det- 22
    Mia- 21

REB
    Det- 33
    Mia- 43

TO
    Det- 6
    Mia- 15

BLK
    Det- 1
    Mia- 6

They out shot us, out rebounded us, had more blocks.

If it wasn't for the turnover disparity, we might have lost by 20+, AT HOME!!

How embarrassing!!

I wish we had some trolls right about now.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Pistons in 5.
    You're high.
    Why?

The Pistons played like shit last night, and were in the game almost the whole way. They get their legs back, they'll make more of those open looks. Do you honestly expect them to shoot 38% the whole series? Did Shaq dominate us? Who did, other than Wade?

Payton.

Do you see Payton playing all-world every game this series? Fatoine? Do you think we'll not be able to come up with a gameplan to stop them?

Have some faith.
    Our legs aren't going to "refresh themselves" suddenly playing every other day.

Yes, the Pistons played like shit, just like they have since the 2nd half of game 2 vs. Cleveland for the most part.

And as far as Shaq/Wade, when they are plastered to the bench with foul trouble and you still can't beat this team, at home, then calling for a clean sweep of the next four games qualifies you for a substance abuse program.

I could go along with Pistons in 7, maaaaaybe even 6, but in 5?
    Find a new slant.

Our legs aren't going to "refresh themselves" suddenly playing every other day.

Yes, the Pistons played like shit, just like they have since the 2nd half of game 2 vs. Cleveland for the most part.

And as far as Shaq/Wade, when they are plastered to the bench with foul trouble and you still can't beat this team, at home, then calling for a clean sweep of the next four games qualifies you for a substance abuse program.

I could go along with Pistons in 7, maaaaaybe even 6, but in 5?
    I'm really hoping our legs do "refresh themselves", simply because if they don't, we'll have 3 more games just like the one we saw last night. I'm hoping for a second wind.

I really think Shaq's a liabilty now. He gets his in the early part of the game, then gasses out. But when he's in there, they can't ignore him on offense, so they usually run the offense through him, which slows the game waaaaay down and results in a lot of one shot trips.

Maybe we'll see more Mourning in the future, but Riley really seems to like to ride the big fella as long as he can if he's not in foul trouble.

Okay, I'll relent. Pistons in 6.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    I don't really blame the coaching for this loss (that coming from a certified Flip hater).

We had wide open looks but we just couldn't knock'em dow. Rasheed and Rip were pitiful today.
    Rip was definately. but why on earth do you not go at haslem just as hard as they go at ben with shaq? so you'll ISO sheed all game on big Z, donyell, and drew gooden. but not on antoine walker and udonis haslem aka two of the most unlikely guys on earth to bother his shot? i just dont feel the strategy that much. but fair enough.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Flip is a shitty playoff coach. Heat in 6.

I'm going with the tired legs excuse for the 1st game. All the jumpers were short. Dyess was the only one who even provided a post up game.

Its pretty simple with this teams new offense. If the jumpers dont fall, we dont win. They played great D for the most part, just couldnt get the shots to fall. We can beat this team no problem. Its just up to the jumpers.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    The problem with the tired legs excuse is that I would have to assume that tomorrow night, our legs will STILL be more tired than the Heat players' legs.

Both teams will be playing after a one day layoff, but the Pistons had so many games in the days before that. And the Heat's best players got to sit with foul trouble and rest most of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Eh, I'm not all that worried.
    STEW BEEF!

If I see Lindsey on the court again I think I'll be done with Flip.

+ Reply to Thread