0 0%
  • Rasheed Wallace

2 11.76%
  • Other

1 5.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 1: Pistons vs Heat (Tue 5/23, 8p ET, ESPN)

Blog Entries
    I honestly think that we are going to win 105-87 tonight.

I can just feel it.
    Find a new slant.

I had some gas last night. Maybe it was that 105 87 feeling too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Sportsnation poll: http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...?event_id=2187

Question 8 is interesting.
    Question 8: Does Shaq wear a thong?

WTF?

How to beat/sweep the Heat!!!!

Alright, here are the things the Pistons MUST do tonight to ensure victory.

1.) Guard the 3 point line. REPEAT, GUARD THE freakin' 3 point line. The Heat are loaded with 3 point shooters...should I mention Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, James Posey, Gary Payton, Derek Anderson, and quite recently Dwayne Wade himself, the bastard?

2.) Limit points in the M$#%f&*@in paint and free throws! FYI, Dwayne Wade was one of the top 3 scorers in the paint as well as one of the top 3 who shot the most free throws. I think he was only behind Allen Iverson.

3.) Sheed and company need to stay out of foul trouble, especially if Riley decides to let O'Neal and Mourning play at the same time.

4.) Pistons MUST MAKE AT LEAST 80% OF THEIR FREE THROWS.

5.) Force the Heat into taking C-O-N-T-E-S-T-E-D jump shots...after all, they are not the Phoenix Suns. Their jump shooting abilities suck for the most part. The reason they had such a high FG% average during the regular season is that most of their points came from uncontested 3 pointers, points in the paint, and free throws. (I am f$%#in sick of those lane violation calls in Shaq's favor!!!!!!!!!!! Damn bastard!)

6.) The Pistons must not settle for perimeter shots. Although I like what I am seeing from Tayshaun Prince, I have noticed how during some fast breaks he has settled for 18 foot shots instead of driving into the lane for an easy basket. (Unless stupid f%$#ing Haslem or Posey flop like blubber seals for the charge called by bribed referees.)

7.) LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, I remember hearing a comentator say the following about Lebron's fall to the Pistons: "A great player will always fall to a great team." This should apply to the Heat. How about we change this statement, keeping in mind O'Neal and Wade, to: "Two great players will always fall to a great team." The Pistons should not let anyone else but O'Neal and Wade get past 13 points. If you noticed in MIA-NJ series, Antoine Walker and Udonis Haslem at one point scored around 20 points in the same game. We can't let these f%$@ers score like they are in their own momma's house. We need to show these people that in Motown, none of their shit will be tolerated.
    Last edited by IhateMiami; 05-23-2006 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IhateMiami

1.) Guard the 3 point line. REPEAT, GUARD THE freakin' 3 point line. The Heat are loaded with 3 point shooters...should I mention Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, James Posey, Gary Payton, Derek Anderson, and quite recently Dwayne Wade himself, the bastard?
    LMFAO@Their "shooters" since they can't actually shoot.

2.) Limit points in the M$#%f&*@in paint and free throws! FYI, Dwayne Wade was one of the top 3 scorers in the paint as well as one of the top 3 who shot the most free throws. I think he was only behind Allen Iverson.

3.) Sheed and company need to stay out of foul trouble, especially if Riley decides to let O'Neal and Mourning play at the same time.
    Nothing we can do about FT's with these fools.
    It's going to sound like a fucking Sea World sideshow with all the whistles
    going off...coincidentally Shaqmu is going to get alot of calls too.
    As far as the points in the paint, we'll get beat there, but that's expected.
    They have Shaqmu and we shoot jumpers. No biggie.

That's been hell for these guys. They won't but that's a good goal.
    We need help there. NO excuses for Rip and Chauncey. 90% there
    TP and Sheed need to hit 70% or so
    Ben needs to hit 55%

It can happen

5.) Force the Heat into taking C-O-N-T-E-S-T-E-D jump shots...after all, they are not the Phoenix Suns. Their jump shooting abilities suck for the most part. The reason they had such a high FG% average during the regular season is that most of their points came from uncontested 3 pointers, points in the paint, and free throws. (I am f$%#in sick of those lane violation calls in Shaq's favor!!!!!!!!!!! Damn bastard!)
    Totally agree here. They can't shoot.

6.) The Pistons must not settle for perimeter shots. Although I like what I am seeing from Tayshaun Prince, I have noticed how during some fast breaks he has settled for 18 foot shots instead of driving into the lane for an easy basket. (Unless stupid f%$#ing Haslem or Posey flop like blubber seals for the charge called by bribed referees.)
    [franklin gothic medium"]Rip does that far more than TP, but I understand.[/font]

7.) LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, I remember hearing a comentator say the following about Lebron's fall to the Pistons: "A great player will always fall to a great team." This should apply to the Heat. How about we change this statement, keeping in mind O'Neal and Wade, to: "Two great players will always fall to a great team." The Pistons should not let anyone else but O'Neal and Wade get past 13 points. If you noticed in MIA-NJ series, Antoine Walker and Udonis Haslem at one point scored around 20 points in the same game. We can't let these f%$@ers score like they are in their own momma's house. We need to show these people that in Motown, none of their shit will be tolerated.
    Totally agree here. We've done it before. Shaq+Kobe, Shaq+Wade and so forth. Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by IhateMiami

LMFAO@Their "shooters" since they can't actually shoot.

Nothing we can do about FT's with these fools.
    It's going to sound like a fucking Sea World sideshow with all the whistles
    going off...Shaqmu is going to get alot of calls too.
    As far as the points in the paint, we'll get beat there, but that's expected.
    They have Shaqmu and we shoot jumpers. No biggie.

That's been hell for these guys. They won't but that's a good goal.
    We need help there. NO excuses for Rip and Chauncey. 90% there
    TP and Sheed need to hit 70% or so
    Ben needs to hit 55%

It can happen

Totally agree here. They can't shoot.

Rip does that far more than TP, but I understand.

Totally agree here. We've done it before. Shaq+Kobe, Shaq+Wade and so forth. Let's go.
    Last edited by MOLA1; 05-23-2006 at 06:37 PM.

i can't wait for the pistons to whoop this team at 'full strength'. i'm so tired to hearing the wade excuse.

i also hope flexo's brain explodes the next time he flexes his biceps

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Bad coaching. bad execution. All around stinkage. We are pussies to wait until Riley does the cowardly hack-a-Ben to get amped. weak shit on our part. I'm pretty disgusted.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    being better than the heat doesnt mean you take them lightly. you know Zo's gonna sit dead under that rim for 40 seconds waiting to block a shot. you know walker is gonna make the 3's if you dont put as hand in his face and the same for payton. the coaching was pretty average to shitty at times. why you dont go at haslem with sheed to death is beyond me.

I'm fustrated but i expect nothing else from this team this year. they dont want to be as good as they are unless they get beat up first.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I don't really blame the coaching for this loss (that coming from a certified Flip hater).

We had wide open looks but we just couldn't knock'em dow. Rasheed and Rip were pitiful today.

+ Reply to Thread