+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WCF: Dallas (4) vs Phoenix (2), Mavs win 4-2

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    either way i'm not saying dallas cant or wont win. i'm just saying they are the perfect match for phoenix. i dont care what their defense does when matched up to other teams, but they dont stop phoenix much at all. and its not about overall stats, its how you matchup. and since phoenix got tim thomas dallas hasnt been able to beat them and even before that they havent been able to slow the games down. slowing the game down vs memphis and SA is much easier than phoenix.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    He wont play enough to score 10ppg, since there's no reason for him to be in the game slowing things down.
    you never know. and i thought the game was gonna be slowed down anyways? whats with the mix up? if it aint slowed down then dallas has a serious problem waiting on them.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    He wont play enough to score 10ppg, since there's no reason for him to be in the game slowing things down.
    you never know. and i thought the game was gonna be slowed down anyways? whats with the mix up? if it aint slowed down then dallas has a serious problem waiting on them.
    Dallas wants to slow the game down. Phoenix doesn't.

By putting thomas in, Phoenix is pretty much conceeding the tempo.

Blog Entries

Damn, I want that jacket.
    Last edited by Glenn; 05-23-2006 at 06:45 AM.
    Find a new slant.

germans should be banned from the finals if i gotta see hasslehoff everywhere.
    ^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    germans should be banned from the finals if i gotta see hasslehoff everywhere.
    So would you say that you are "looking for freedom"?
    Find a new slant.

Dallas wants to slow the game down. Phoenix doesn't.
    they have never done this. once im not so sure they want to. even in that one lone game that they held phoenix to 96 in, they were running with them, but phoenix missed a ton of shots early in that game and came on late. i dont know, i'm sure we think they should try to slow tempo. i'm not so sure they are thinking that though.
    ^

Dallas in 5.

With every player on Dallas having the ability to drive to the basket they'll have a shitload of PITP and FTA. They also have better coaching, more depth, and better bigs. They also have great perimeter defenders to limit the 3 point attempts. Homecourt is also pretty important in this series since Phoenix isn't use to not having it.

The Suns are puke garbage. Remember, the Suns had to go seven against a 6 and 7 seed, including being down 3-1 against a crappy Laker team. LOL@struggling against lower playoff teams. They were one Tim Thomas three pointer from losing to the Lakers and were a Raja Bell lucky shot away from losing to the...........Clippers.

Fuck the Suns and their no defense paper MVP. They're going down!

the lakers are crappy and cleveland gets no respect? fair enough, but they did beat a very good clippers team and they've had no problem playing dallas all season with the series split 2-2. All the games except one were in the 100+ range and they are undefeated against the mavs since they got tim thomas. I do think they are very capable of taking this series if the mavs slip up in a home game.

As far as luck goes, everyone is lucky. The mavs were one ginobli layup from not even being eliminated. We were one lebron pass w/o the touch call away from cleveland pushing us to ot in game 6. its always nice to be lucky IMO. but at some point you have to give a team credit for coming up big. making big shots as much as they have isnt luck. Its clutch.
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 05-23-2006 at 02:34 PM.
    ^

Blog Entries
    I had the Suns over the Spurs in my bracket and I felt pretty good about that matchup.

I think PHX would have run circles around the Spurs.

Suns/Mavs? I'd say it's a coin toss, could go 7.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread