+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Iranians instituting Nazism

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Boo religion.
    Agreed.

Iran will deserve whatever they get.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Gecko:

Herm was simply pointing out that religion (yes, as well as nationalism and other isms in which we take sides and act with an "us against them" mentality) sometimes actually cause wars.

In the end, religion is like everything else - good in moderation, bad in excess.

The problem that I see in this thread is that Gecko has appointed himself the defender of religion, where religion has no defense.

Sometimes religion kills innocent people. That's what Herm was pointing out. He was right, and there was no reason for Gecko to get so defensive about it. Personally, I think Gecko is getting caught up in the republican talking point that provides that if anyone ever says anything about religion - anything about any religion - they are attacking christians and democrats must be voted out of office.

Lighten up, Gecko. No one is suggesting that you stop worshipping Jesus. All they are saying is that sometimes people go to war in the name of religion.

Sheesh. All these pages of discussion over this dumb shit? Like there is two sides to the debate over whether wars have been fought over religion (as well as other things like nationalism?)

We all (including Gecko) KNOW that wars have been waged over religion. What's the argument? That by saying that, Herm was attacking Christmas or Easter?

I'm dumbfounded by this argument where there is nothing to argue.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    i totally disagree with the "sometimes religion kills people". that statement makes no sense. people kill people. that hasnt changed in the history of mankind. whether its there faithfulness to their government, religion, family, partners, leaders, or precious idols. people take advantage of what you believe in. if there wasnt religion it would be something else. its not about religion. its about controlling people via their beliefs. something that happens in america via the two party system. electing and backing a guy because he is part of a group is what it is regardless of the group.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    I agree with Gutz.
    Semantics, people.

Yes, people kill people - over religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    i totally disagree with the "sometimes religion kills people". that statement makes no sense. people kill people. that hasnt changed in the history of mankind. whether its there faithfulness to their government, religion, family, partners, leaders, or precious idols. people take advantage of what you believe in. if there wasnt religion it would be something else. its not about religion. its about controlling people via their beliefs. something that happens in america via the two party system. electing and backing a guy because he is part of a group is what it is regardless of the group.
    ^ NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by realistic
    ^ NRA Member
    ^in need of a label for anyone but himself. yep thats whats wrong with america. hardcore liberal and a hardcore conservative are the two most unfreely thinking people out there. you can't speak on the economy being shit, the oil being bs, and bush getting rich because the conservatives will take homage like you're bashing their masters. their group will have you.

But tell a liberal to lay off religion scapegoating for real problems, take a stance for pro life if the baby was fathered by any situation outside of rape, and be honest about the democratic party having no balls to step up to these joke conservatives in office. And i've now somehow become a member of the NRA. maybe both parties need to die in a fiery pit of hell while giving each other a german homo 69 of some sort. that would solve everything here. then repeat the process in every other country regardless of religion or party, and enjoy the new day.

^

I agree with Gutz.
    Semantics, people.

Yes, people kill people - over religion.
    you're no different than the conservatives you hate so much if thats your actual stance.
    ^

^ NRA Member
    ^in need of a label for anyone but himself. yep thats whats wrong with america. hardcore liberal and a hardcore conservative are the two most unfreely thinking people out there. you can't speak on the economy being shit, the oil being bs, and bush getting rich because the conservatives will take homage like you're bashing their masters. their group will have you.

But tell a liberal to lay off religion scapegoating for real problems, take a stance for pro life if the baby was fathered by any situation outside of rape, and be honest about the democratic party having no balls to step up to these joke conservatives in office. And i've now somehow become a member of the NRA. maybe both parties need to die in a fiery pit of hell while giving each other a german homo 69 of some sort. that would solve everything here. then repeat the process in every other country regardless of religion or party, and enjoy the new day.

Dude, you totally misread me. I wasn't attacking your beliefs, I was only pointing out that your previous logic would lead me to believe you would support the NRA. (If religion doesn't kill people, then guns don't kill people.) Do you disagree?

I'm not against the NRA, and I'm closer to conservative than liberal.

If you have a question about my intentions, ask me. Don't assume them.

Go Pistons!

Dude, you totally misread me. I wasn't attacking your beliefs, I was only pointing out that your previous logic would lead me to believe you would support the NRA. (If religion doesn't kill people, then guns don't kill people.) Do you disagree?
    i was responding that you made a silly assumption on your part. guns are physical weapons of violence. If you relate that to religion then you are on some odd thinking. Comparing guns and religion is pretty naive IMO. so yea i disagree adamantly and WTF at that comparisom.

If you have a question about my intentions, ask me. Don't assume them.
    and likewise to you. this started with your own assumption of me.
    ^

Wow, I give you an easy out and you reply with that BS. I'm done with you.

+ Reply to Thread