+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 6 - PISTONS WIN!!!!!!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Game 6 on the road? LeBron's home court?

We're going to have to win this one 5 on 8.
    the refs have been fucking us the whole series. unfortunately we havent been playing well enough to make it irrelevent. and dan crawford is still a bad luck ref after last nights debacle.
    Sorry I can't agree here. Rip and Ben get as money phantom calls as Lebron does. Rips triple lindy backflip dive yesterday earned him an emmy in my book along with 2 of Ben's patented phantom push in the back going for a rebound. Though I do expect Bron to get the calls at home.
    last i checked most of rips flops were no calls or fouls on him. and lebron is using his off arm on 80 percent of the time. i cant one on one hand how many times he's used it to get space. even on that mo evans burnage 3 pointer at the buzzer in cleveland he used it. it has almost never been called. in fact i rephrase that. it quite possibly has never been called for the whole series period. with that said its still irrelevent to us losing. we had the biggest hand in that.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Arch - I think people are just trying to think of any excuse because it doesn't make any sense how these Pistons are losing to the Cavs.
    since this started from my original comment. let me say that no one is paying attention to the fact that i said the refs in spite of the shitty calls are irrelevent if we played like we had some balls..
    ^

Blog Entries
    Yes, the major problem appears to be that the Pistons have lost their passion, for some as of yet unexplained reason.
    Find a new slant.

Game 6 on the road? LeBron's home court?

We're going to have to win this one 5 on 8.
    the refs have been fucking us the whole series. unfortunately we havent been playing well enough to make it irrelevent. and dan crawford is still a bad luck ref after last nights debacle.
    Sorry I can't agree here. Rip and Ben get as money phantom calls as Lebron does. Rips triple lindy backflip dive yesterday earned him an emmy in my book along with 2 of Ben's patented phantom push in the back going for a rebound. Though I do expect Bron to get the calls at home.
    last i checked most of rips flops were no calls or fouls on him. and lebron is using his off arm on 80 percent of the time. i cant one on one hand how many times he's used it to get space. even on that mo evans burnage 3 pointer at the buzzer in cleveland he used it. it has almost never been called. in fact i rephrase that. it quite possibly has never been called for the whole series period. with that said its still irrelevent to us losing. we had the biggest hand in that.
    The off arm no call is something that everyone in the league will get have to get used to and overcome for the rest of Lebrons career. The league has deemed that acceptable for LeBron to do, I have accepted that one manuever as well. I personally think the reffing is the least of what is in play here.

Yes, the major problem appears to be that the Pistons have lost their passion, for some as of yet unexplained reason.
    Could they of <gasp> "Jumped the Shark"?

tv turned down. radio turned up. nothing worse than hearing reggie miller talk about rasheed getting suspended on his 3rd technical. genius.
    I can't take TNT anymore. If it's not Reggie adding his insightful analysis--"Woweeeee.... Wow.... oh, wowwwwwww!--then it's Dick Stockton saying Anderson Verejao's name once every 3 seconds. He's loving it, he's finding any excuse to say it, he's trying out different pronounciations on the air, making love to each variation--
    "Varejo... Anderson Ver-uh-szean.... Anderson Veruh-ho...."
    "Wowwwwww..... oh, wowwwwwwww....woweeee... "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realistic
    Dick Stockton saying Anderson Verejao's name once every 3 seconds. He's loving it, he's finding any excuse to say it, he's trying out different pronounciations on the air, making love to each variation--
    "Varejo... Anderson Ver-uh-szean.... Anderson Veruh-ho...."
    You just wish that you were going home to bang Leslie Visser like he does.
    Find a new slant.

The off arm no call is something that everyone in the league will get have to get used to and overcome for the rest of Lebrons career. The league has deemed that acceptable for LeBron to do, I have accepted that one manuever as well. I personally think the reffing is the least of what is in play here.
    i never said it was the major factor. i dont even feel its a legitimate factor. i just feel its sucked ass in clevelands favor. but it doesnt matter. i expected it to. i expect the same for miami. its us. its not the refs. we have sucked.

the real point i'm making is that cleveland isnt even close to us. so the close games we've played with them have been a reflection of a serious bunch of lame gameplanning, execution, and flat out suckage.
    ^

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart

-ojay!

the real point i'm making is that cleveland isnt even close to us. so the close games we've played with them have been a reflection of a serious bunch of lame gameplanning, execution, and flat out suckage.
    Good point but think of this. It was trendy for everyone to say that when the Pistons lose it has more to do with the Pistons than it does the other team. Meaning that the Pistons were beating themselves.

The tide might be turning and there becomes a tipping point where we have to start wondering if the Cavs are indeed beating the Pistons.

Terry Foster said the Pistons are choking and I agree. Mike Valente mentioned that the Pistons jumped the shark the minute they hung their hat on their offense instead of the defense (which I agree with).

You can slice this up 30 different ways and at some point you have to give the Cavs some credit and say they are playing better ball right now. It's not every series in every sport where the better team always wins. It's the team that is playing the best at that moment and I surmize here right now that the Cavs are better at this moment and are beating the Pistons rather than the Pistons beating themselves.

Cleveland is closer to us than anyone thought. You cannot be a crap team in the NBA and come into someone else's gym and beat them, let alone 3 straight times. You cannot be a crap team when your 3rd and 4th options and bench players are making plays on the road no less! Geez, Flip Murray looked like Kobe Bryant out there in the 4th.

+ Reply to Thread