+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Game 6 - PISTONS WIN!!!!!!

Agree Double u. Peeps can disagree, but MOLA1 said it best...fuck this game, fuck this thread on to G7.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    did you watch the game or read the staline.
    Both...did you see the play when he missed 2 of 2 at the line, then went down and got jobbed by DM (I think it was, I'll check that later) Shitty fucking sequence by Ben. It happens, but why ignore it?
    I'm not ignoring it, and it was DG if you're talking about that stretch at the end of the 2nd Q. Big Z was the best C on the court overall. I never said that Ben was doing "great". I did say that our troubles really started with those few minutes with Ben off the court, and the numbers reflected that (and it happened again last night). I did suggest that we ought to look elsewhere to pick on who's really not producing.

Look, Ben is huge for us at times, but we lost 3 games we shouldn't have. He is partly to blame and he is NOT the reason we won tonight...meaning it wasn't one of those games in the past where he flat out dominated and took over the game.
    In last night's game, down the stretch, Ben did all sorts of clutchy defensive things. Rasheed and Chauncey weren't terribly clutch (1-4 FTs combined in the end). While Rasheed was going strong to the hole and staying out of foul trouble, compensating for his (ankle's) lack of D, Chauncey almost turned Snow and Donkey into a superstar PG tandem yet agai. If this weren't an elimination game, we'd be bitching about how we nearly choked at the end.

And again, Ben (with Rip) lead in +/-. Both times Ben left the game, he came back with the score worse than when he left. Sidehsow Bob showed some life the moment Rasheed was at C, and McDyess isn't a great match against DM and his stretching of the defense. Fortunately, Tay and Rip did about as well as you can against a LeBron who the refs bend over backwards to give blowjob FTs to.

Quote Originally Posted by -NoQuarter-
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Sheed is the reason we won this game. He showed up on a sprained ankle and turned in a huge performance tonight. Pay him. If he didn't get hurt, we would have never been in this hole.

Ben had 1 bucket, 2 fts, for 4pts, 10 boards ZERO blocks and 1 assist. I know his game is more than the stats but I get the feeling that some didn't want him to get 'any' blame for 3 losses and now get cred for us winning.

Mark me down as 'strongly disagree' with that.
    Ben also blocked LeBron on several plays where he got by his defender, got fouled, had an easy and-one, and got stuffed by Big Ben. Watching Ben out there poking offensive rebounds away while getting hung on by 3-4 Cavs, and only being LeBron's fucking height was amazing.

The Ben haters can suck ESPN's love juice out a funnel from LeBron's ass.

This team ain't shit without him, and every year he still has to prove it to you.

Ben=Pistons.
    Thank your for saving me some key strokes.

i woke up this morning with a grin from ear to ear, thanks to the Pistons

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    In last night's game, down the stretch, Ben did all sorts of clutchy defensive things. Rasheed and Chauncey weren't terribly clutch (1-4 FTs combined in the end). While Rasheed was going strong to the hole and staying out of foul trouble, compensating for his (ankle's) lack of D, Chauncey almost turned Snow and Donkey into a superstar PG tandem yet agai. If this weren't an elimination game, we'd be bitching about how we nearly choked at the end.
    Chris Sheridan thinks the same thing, as it turns out:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ris&id=2451534

Of course, he's a little psychotic, simultaneously saying:

The Pistons again showed their resilience, just as they've done in the past two years when pushed to the brink, but they were far from perfect when they had chances to ice the game, and Wallace' sour grapes over the foul call was just their latest episode of griping a little too much and pointing the finger at someone other than themselves.
    while at the same time saying:

But it was a weak call, a ticky-tack call, really, at the game's most crucial moment. And I can't help but think it would have been nicer to see Murray shoot for the tie.
    So it's ok for him to call it a crap foul, but not ok for Ben. Ohhh-k, Chris.

Chris Sheridan=dumb asshole.

It wasn't a foul. Even James knew it wasn't a foul. But Ben had broken the air cushion, so the whistle was inevitable. I'm fed up with the refs coddling LeBron in this series. He's a man among boys and the best player on the court. But that doesn't entitle him to EVERY call. What if he'd shot the ball in the final seconds rather than passing it to Flip Murray? That had AND1 written all over it. And why? Because Ben Wallace made eye contact with King James.

I mean, c'mon. Did James take more contact than Rip Hamilton took, to no whistle, in the final seconds of game 5?

The funny thing is that coddling Lebron with 1.4 seconds left virtually ended the game. (Refs: Weeza sorreee mistah Stern. We'd had thought we'd done good.)
    Last edited by realistic; 05-20-2006 at 03:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yep.

We are "witnessing" The LeBron Rules.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Yep.

lol@the rules backfiring on him at the end. the refs though he was gonna shoot it and gave up the foul hoping for an and 1. i think stern will scold them over this.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Yep.

lol@the rules backfiring on him at the end. the refs though he was gonna shoot it and gave up the foul hoping for an and 1. i think stern will scold them over this.
    that was pretty funny. the refs screwed him because he did find an open man in the corner for a potential three.

Chris Sheridan has no idea what he's talking about. First he expected the Pistons to win in 4. Now he's going the totally opposite way. By the way, I'm new here guys. .

+ Reply to Thread