+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28
FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: The Official Flip Saunders Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    The buzz is that Saunders lost a great deal of respect in the locker room when he talked about Wallace's decision and then told the team it was not going to win the championship because of incidents such as that one.

That did not go over well with the Pistons, and Saunders was told in direct terms by one veteran not to say anything like that again to the team.

As players left the locker room, they saw Saunders being consoled by assistant coach Sidney Lowe. And with that sight, Saunders lost more respect.
    Is this shit real? You can't make this kinda stuff up. I have no idea how this franchise went from being a proud model franchise to a soap oper'ish melo drama. Dumars better start bitch slapping some people cause this stuff is getting out of hand.

Let me say what I said when Darko and Arroyo were traded...

The day Davidson decided to not pay the luxury tax is the day the entire karma of the organization changed. If this is the start of a downhill slide to laughdom everyone will look back at that trade as the start of the downhill slide.

(the trade because of him not wanting to pay the LT not because we lost DM and CA).
    Last edited by Gecko; 06-06-2006 at 05:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    I totally agree Gecko.

Davidson's decision was, as the kids are saying these days, "bitchmade".
    Find a new slant.

so much drama......i wonder how much of this stuff happens frequently (on this team and others), but is being reported now because of all the perceived turmoil.

i mean, this happened months ago and is coming out now.

i think that Joe D is doing right by keeping Flip. we can't stay contenders by playing musical coaches. we need some bit of continuity and i think Flip deserves a chance at a second season, at least. i don't like excusing the players for any kind of disrespect towards their coach.

I totally agree Gecko.

Davidson's decision was, as the kids are saying these days, "bitchmade".
    Yeah, your right, homeslice

right matt, dont know if its worse that it happened, or that its becoming public. the lakers drama being public is one thing, but the pistons usually presented a united front.

joe D even said as much, that players have always bitched about the coaching and questioned the strategy, but it was always behind closed doors (before this year).

The buzz is that Saunders lost a great deal of respect in the locker room when he talked about Wallace's decision and then told the team it was not going to win the championship because of incidents such as that one.

That did not go over well with the Pistons, and Saunders was told in direct terms by one veteran not to say anything like that again to the team.
    I don't have a huge problem with Flip being upset about Ben's entry refusal, but I can definately see the 2nd part of it rubbing the players the wrong way. I can imagine one of them thinking "dude wtf do you know about what wins a title and what doesn't?!"
    I wonder who the veteran was. Something tells me Lindsey hunter.

Something about the phrasing of that bothers me. the way its worded makes it seem like a declarative, like Flip told them, "hey, you ain't winning the title, and here's why!" rather than "keep this up and we wont win a title".
    Last edited by metr0man; 06-07-2006 at 10:57 PM.

LOL@Flip telling anyone they cant win a championship

It took him 10 years to get out of the first round.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    What will be taken into consideration when replacing Sid Lowe?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dumars
    “When Flip and I talked about filling that spot, the only thing I said to him is "Hey Flip it's going to have to be somebody that these guys respect the first day they walk in." I don't think that it can be somebody who, over a year or so, he's going to earn their trust over some time. I think where we are as a team, who we are, it almost has to be someone who they respect the first day he walks in the door. That's really the only thing, that's the only parameters that I've kinda put around him.”
    http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/duma...es_060605.html

Well if they cant respect Flip, Joe will get an assistant that commands respect...thats something isnt it
    i want a Del Harris, Carlisimo type of guy, who's been a headcoach and can help flip with defense and adjustments and of course commands respect...there was some buzz earlier it could be Terry Porter...are there other alternatives?

Blog Entries
    Terry Porter is part of a group that is trying to buy the Trailblazers and their arena. If that were to fall through for some reason, he'd be an option.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Terry Porter is part of a group that is trying to buy the Trailblazers and their arena. If that were to fall through for some reason, he'd be an option.
    terry porter doesnt coach any effective defense. it would be sid lowe all over again IMO. in fact it would be ron harper. a guy talking trash abouit how we arent as good as we should be with no ideas of his own.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread