+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: XBox 360

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    Nice.

To get started, you MUST get the premium system ($400), an extra wireless controller ($50), at least 1 game ($60), and the DVD remote. ($25) So you're looking at about 550 bucks to get started. Some extra stuff I'd recommend is Xbox Live (obviously) and the best way to do that is to sign up for a year for 50 bucks, the Play and Charge kit (with a battery pack) will cost about $25. That kit is great because you don't need to keep buying batteries, just plug the controller you're not using into the USB on the 360 and it will charge it up while you play. It will also charge if the 360 is not even on and a controller is plugged in. Awesome!

So $550 for the bare minimum and about $625 if you want the hook up. It sounds like a lot, but if you have some trade in stuff, that will help. Do it!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

This is DrTre in disguise under Moodini's name. Thanks for the feedback on the HD cords, etc. I'm getting the premium in two weeks and I will definately enjoy the HD gaming!

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    I got the premium package and I got the DVD remote with it. I believe it somes with it.

Bang, when did you get yours? A buddy of mine got his about 2 months ago (premium version) and he didn't get the remote. I'm thinking the first few shipments had remotes with them, but now Microsoft is trying to make even more cash, and is selling them seperately.

The first or second wave of them came with the remote. It was never actually a part of the premium package, just was considered a "bonus."

I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in on this thread after the Sony announcement. I guess we've got some heavy hitters here on WTF ready to drop 6 bills.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in on this thread after the Sony announcement. I guess we've got some heavy hitters here on WTF ready to drop 6 bills.
    not all at once. preorder and with it getting paid off by the time of release in parts works. spending between 500-700 vs 600-800 for all the required enjoyment on either system doesnt really deter me if the ps3 is up to par. if it isnt i probally go 360. but i'm not buying two systems. so commiting this early to either or isnt smart for me if i find myself wishing i had the other system. .
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I'll be buying 2 systems but it will probably be the 360 and the Revolution ( I still refuse to call it WIIIIIIIIIIIII)

the PS3 hasnt impressed me so far
    plus i was an XBOX guy in current gen.
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    I think Nintendo will keep the price way down, so I might get one too. Nintendo has never dissapointed me.

+ Reply to Thread