+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: XBox 360

Cool XBox 360

With the terrible news that Sony dropped on us, I'm guessing MANY people will be switching the the 360. I thought I was a PS fan for life, but 600 dollars changed my mind.

I'm going to grab my 360 and a copy of Hitman: Bloodmoney in a couple of weeks. Now that I'm making the switch, I'm pretty excited to step into the next gen land. 47 couldn't look any better than he'll look on my new 360 with a wireless in my hands.

Sony Sucks, whose switching with me?

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    I already have....and I'll say that Call of Duty 2 is also a worthy title to pick up. Trust me, you won't be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    With the terrible news that Sony dropped on us, I'm guessing MANY people will be switching the the 360. I thought I was a PS fan for life, but 600 dollars changed my mind.

I'm going to grab my 360 and a copy of Hitman: Bloodmoney in a couple of weeks. Now that I'm making the switch, I'm pretty excited to step into the next gen land. 47 couldn't look any better than he'll look on my new 360 with a wireless in my hands.

Sony Sucks, whose switching with me?
    Really good call Tre. I've been in 360 land ever since Christmas and I can't imagine anything more that I'd want out of a system. HD, Windows Media Center extender (TiVo), wireless controllers, dreamy graphics, Xbox Live, gamerscores, and bottom line.......amazing games.

Too bad you didn't make this decision sooner! You're going to be loving life from here on out though. And oh yeah....buy Fight Night Round 3 right now....thank me later.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Buy Fight Night Round 3 right now....thank me later.

It's amazing.

Question

For those of you who already made the switch, I've got two questions. My 360 will be on my big screen in one room, computer will be in the other. Am I pretty much out of luck with online play with this situation? Any suggestions? Could I run a long cord to the 360 and just disconnect it when I'm done playing?

Also, did any of you buy the HD $40 cords? Worth it or no?

It's a little pricy, but Microsoft makes a wirless internet adapter for the 360.

Check it:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802124

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Also, did any of you buy the HD $40 cords? Worth it or no?
    Are you getting the Premium system? That comes with the HD cables, unless you're talking HDMI, in which case I have no input.

And for the rest of the post, yes, you could just use a really long cable (which I've been doing), but if you've got a lot of money, you could go with Shug's option.

Also, don't skip out on Oblivion.

This is where they get you. Sure, I paid $399.00 for the Premium system, but after buying 3 more wireless controllers, the remote for the sytem (to play DVDs), a few games, and the rechargable battery packs for the controllers, I was well over $600.00.

I did, however, trade in my old x-box, all my games and controllers, my gamecube and all the games and wireless controllers for that, and my PS2 games, I came in at about $120.00.

I imagine you would be out at least $800 to $900 bucks to get all geared up with the PS3. Wow.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shugadaddi
    This is where they get you. Sure, I paid $399.00 for the Premium system, but after buying 3 more wireless controllers, the remote for the sytem (to play DVDs), a few games, and the rechargable battery packs for the controllers, I was well over $600.00.

I did, however, trade in my old x-box, all my games and controllers, my gamecube and all the games and wireless controllers for that, and my PS2 games, I came in at about $120.00.

I imagine you would be out at least $800 to $900 bucks to get all geared up with the PS3. Wow.
    I bought the premium package, and for some reason, I got the DVD remote with it? Hmm....lucky me!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread