+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds - History in the Making

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK
    Not having access to certain individuals, sometimes you have to form an opinion on them through what you hear secondhand. And the vast majority of secondhand accounts point to Bonds being a total asshole, so that's the opinion I have of him.

He's a cheating, selfish asshole. IMO, of course.
    and what are sosa, mcgwire, sheffield, giambi, conseco, palmeiro, and probally every over sized hitter over the past 2 decades? unselfish. from mickey tettleton to jeff bagwell its very likely that they all got over. i dont see him as any more selfish.

i mean if you "need" to have a personal opinion on him personally. then yea you swallow any bs they feed you. though its not much better i could relate more if you drew your conclusion from something bonds said or did on his own.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Except those other players are not in the hunt to break Hank Aaron's record, have not been indicted by a grand jury, are not under investigation for perjury and lying to a grand jury. (this is first hand shit).

Bonds way exceeds the definition of a maniacal self loathing jerk who by all rights deserves to be placed into a category all too himself.

There's enough second hand info out there to make me think that one out of every 5 stories is true and even by those odds he's an ass that doesn't deserve anyone's benefit of the doubt which you shouldn't give him.

Besides, you take the second hand info way overboard. By that definition every investigative story or documentary ever done shouldn't be believed. Dan Wetzel took the information straight out of the book "The Game of Shadows". You should read it but then again it contains a ton of second hand info so you might dismiss that as easy as let say the bible.

XOXOXO
    Last edited by Gecko; 05-10-2006 at 01:11 PM.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    Going back to the Costas NOW show that I saw:

Willie Mays (Barry's godfather for those of you that don't know) said himself the Barry needs to lean to keep his mouth shut. Perception is reality and the media will have us percieve him as a total fuck face. Bonds doesn't help his cause by feeding the media machine with quote after quote.

Love him or hate him, the opinion is yours and yours alone. The thing that chaps my ass is that this, like the T.O. garbage is turning sports into a reality TV show....and in MY opinion, reality TV is the lowest form of entertainment. The Tigers are doing well, The Red Sox/ Yankees rivalry is heating up, home runs are up so far this year, there are plenty of young prospects....yet all I keep hearing about is Barry "fucking" Bonds.

I don't understand why people hate Bonds and think that he doesn't deserve any records. Is it because he took steroids? Or is it because he is an ass to the media-types?

If its steroids, then why are guys like Sosa, McGwire, Palmeiro and others getting a free pass? And besides why should his records be wiped out for (allegedly) doing something that wasn't against the rules?

If its because of his personality, who cares if he is an ass? For every negative story about Bonds' I can just as easily find a positive story. Doesn't mean shit.

My point is that, he is unfairly singled out for the whole steroids scandal because he is so good. People for some reason just choose to ignore any other player taking steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    I don't understand why people hate Bonds and think that he doesn't deserve any records. Is it because he took steroids? Or is it because he is an ass to the media-types?

If its steroids, then why are guys like Sosa, McGwire, Palmeiro and others getting a free pass? And besides why should his records be wiped out for (allegedly) doing something that wasn't against the rules?
    I mean what is their to get? The other players you mentioned were not in any way a threat to break the most hallowed record of all sports if they would of been then they would of been hated too.

Secondly, the players above are not under investigation for lying to a grand jury and were never part of a grand jury testimony.

There is nothing alleged about Barry Bonds..it's a fact, provided by grand jury testimony that he used the cream and the clear. Barry admitted to unknowingly using it.

There is also nothing alleged about McGwire or Palmeiro. One admitted to congress and the other was caught. Niether are playing any longer, neither are currently going for any records so there's not much relevant to talk about here.

What's there not to get?

If its because of his personality, who cares if he is an ass? For every negative story about Bonds' I can just as easily find a positive story. Doesn't mean shit.
    I am sure you can find many great stories on other self loathing jerks. There's really nothing to debate here. Barry's own teamates hate him and he's been asked to leave ball clubs in the past (pre-MLB). As far as I can see there's not much that one could debate here. He's about as big of a jerk as one could find. This makes me not really respect him all that much.

My point is that, he is unfairly singled out for the whole steroids scandal because he is so good. People for some reason just choose to ignore any other player taking steroids.
    Cause the other players are retired and are not trying to break Aaron's record. For this reason Bonds is fair game.

Blog Entries
    McGwire was guilty as shit.

That Congressional hearing is about the most uncomfortable thing that I've ever watched on TV.

"I'm not here to talk about the past, I'm here to be positive"?

McGwire turned into a huge prick all of a sudden when he was chasing Maris, and it's my opinion that guilt was the reason why.

Bonds treated the media like shit and now they are returning the favor, I think it's as simple as that.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Bonds treated the media like shit and now they are returning the favor, I think it's as simple as that.
    basically.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    Because he's a great baseball player.

And LMFAO@that janitor story. That is hilarious.

He was a great 5 tool player.

Now he's just a joke

I spent a few years growing up outside of Pittsburgh and was able to see several Pirates games during the Jim Leyland era. Bonds was a jerk. He was notorious for turning down autograph requests to anyone, so much so that little kids would see him on the street and not even ask.

Imagine a ten year old baseball fan NOT asking for an autograph from a local, all-star baseball player. That's the caliber douche bag we're talking.

What a creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    McGwire was guilty as shit.

That Congressional hearing is about the most uncomfortable thing that I've ever watched on TV.

"I'm not here to talk about the past, I'm here to be positive"?

McGwire turned into a huge prick all of a sudden when he was chasing Maris, and it's my opinion that guilt was the reason why.
    Remember McGwire getting all lovey-dovey with the Maris family after he broke Roger's record? While he's hugging them, he's thinking, "I cheated, and now I'll overshadow the legacy of your father." What a douche.

IMO, we should just wipe out the record of every baseball game since Cal Ripken's record. Do it Fab Five style. Pretend the last several years never happened. Start fresh. Get baptized. Something. Trying to reshape baseball's image without addressing past steroid use is like someone on their deathbed using ProActive.

+ Reply to Thread