+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds - History in the Making

Steroids aside Bonds is an ass. Dan Wetzel on 1270 this morning retells a story about Bonds and what a dick he is. When the locker room janitor was around Bonds would wait until he was done picking up the joint then Barry would peel a sock off and toss it in the middle of the floor letting the janitor (or is it custodian?, nm) know that he missed one. The Janitor would pick it up walk away then Bonds would take the other one off and toss it onto the floor just to be an ass.

The other one Wetzel mentioned is that Bonds was caught cheating on his wife with his mistress......just 19 days after he got married. LMAO - what a prick.

Who roots for such a filthy human?
    Last edited by Gecko; 05-09-2006 at 05:17 PM.

Because he's a great baseball player.

And LMFAO@that janitor story. That is hilarious.

Great Picture.

Damn!

So close.

Quote Originally Posted by Shugadaddi
    Here were his closing remarks. I thought they were pretty OK:

So what's the big deal about the steroid era in baseball? All performances are to some extent a product of prevailing conditions. After all, if Tony Gwynn, Rod Carew, or George Brett had played around the turn of the century, they surely would have had seasons where they hit .400. Roger Clemens and Greg Maddux can't get anywhere near Cy Young's 511 career wins not because they aren't as good, but because no modern pitcher gets the ball as often. Changes in ballparks, travel, scheduling, strategy, rules - comparing era to era is not always a case of apples to apples. But here's a key distinction: As the game evolved, those variations affected all competitors equally, and in their time, all those performances were authentic. The steroid era is not a mere variation. It's a gross and unnatural distortion, both of the game's history and of contemporary competition, since many used and many did not.

There are three seismic shifts in post-1900 baseball history. Two - the advent of the lively ball and the breaking of the color line - helped the game tremendously. The third, the steroid era, now haunts the game. Only segregation represents a greater blot on the game's history and integrity. The Black Sox scandal of 1919 involved one team, one year. Pete Rose - one guy. The steroid era, still ongoing, likely involved every team, and more players than we can count. Baseball can't have it both ways: It can't celebrate its history and revere its records, and then turn a blind eye when its history and its record book are poisoned.
    Very, very well put.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Steroids aside Bonds is an ass. Dan Wetzel on 1270 this morning retells a story about Bonds and what a dick he is. When the locker room janitor was around Bonds would wait until he was done picking up the joint then Barry would peel a sock off and toss it in the middle of the floor letting the janitor (or is it custodian?, nm) know that he missed one. The Janitor would pick it up walk away then Bonds would take the other one off and toss it onto the floor just to be an ass.

The other one Wetzel mentioned is that Bonds was caught cheating on his wife with his mistress......just 19 days after he got married. LMAO - what a prick.

Who roots for such a filthy human?
    being that Dan Weisel's word is the newly acquired truth in 50 countries by way of his professional opinion as defalut way of truth telling. did he also speak the lottery numbers?

I dont dispute that theres people who think he's an ass. And theres those who think he's a genuine nice guy. but drawing your own judgement as if this guy has given you the 411 on Bonds is a discredit to your own judgement. you went all out on his humanity on the strength of a second hand opinion of him.

i'll just say that i dont root for him or against him. but i do feel he gets a raw deal being singled out when the number of guys on some substance of some sort is probally half the league. shyt even pitchers have gotten down on some steroids and growth hormones. if you want to discredit something. discredit the whole MLB. because they knew full well what was going on. but all they knew was that ratings were down and the home run chase sent them up. So they collect money off of Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa. Yet hang players out to dry like they knew nothing. If baseball is a joke it has nothing to do with Barry Bonds. It has everything to do with the people in charge. Laughing at the only guy catching flack is retarded IMO. Especially when asrms all around the league are getting bigger again with no real test for human growth hormones in place and all test samples are convienently destroyed after the first test, thus killing any shot of testing them later when technology catches up in tracing growth hormones.

If Bonds is dirty. then so is a good portion of the league all the executives and gm's who probally all knew about it. and its probally just that. they are all guilty of the destruction of baseball as we knew it. which is fine if Bonds wasnt the only one taking the harsh blame and weight of it on his shoulders because he's known as a "prick". Yea he had it coming being the only prick alive in baseball that cheated on his wife. i know curt shilling woulda never done that.

either way JMHO
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    LMFAO!

Nah, God/Allah/Jehovah/Buddha/Satan/Mohammed/whoeverthehellyouworship will find that funny and let you in.
    yes trust him. he needs company.
    ^

Seraphim, you're too much. I could recount a story from the Pope or JC himself and you would doubt the honesty. Seriously, has there ever been a report or story where you haven't doubted the author or person? I am beginning to think that you have an issue with always needing to be the truth and final word on anything. It's also possible that you have a personal issue with me and just feel the need to take the other side of whatever issue I have. More likely #2.

it's hilarious watching you chop down any and all recounted stories. If it makes you feel better I am sure I can talk to someone about creating a special thread for you where you are the only truth on a subject.

let's back off on the attitude. You clash with me due to my demeanor or politics or whatever that's cool let's just stop taking the other side of every post I make. It's getting obvious. I'll stoke your ego at some point today and you can forget anything that's happened in the past.

<smooch for you>
    Last edited by Gecko; 05-10-2006 at 11:18 AM.

Wow, thats a funny angle? i said dont invest in second hand stories and you equate it to me saying i know the truth about Bonds.

the only thing i invested my own belief in is that the MLB is more a part of this than anyone. you're drawing your own conclusions about my attitude and "truth" ego.

Seraphim, you're too much. I could recount a story from the Pope or JC himself and you would doubt the honesty.
    no you couldnt. you and I arent cool with the pope and JC isnt having convos with either of us. but somehow dan whoever should be the truth of god himself? interesting logic.

Seriously, has there ever been a report or story where you haven't doubted the author or person? I am beginning to think that you have an issue with always needing to be the truth and final word on anything. It's also possible that you have a personal issue with me and just feel the need to take the other side of whatever issue I have. More likely #2.
    weird, i've see you adamantly denying any report that contradicts what you believe. but we'll pretend in bizarro world that i somehow said i know more than you or dan. And that dan knows more than everyone. also anyone who authors anything is legitimate truth because no one is slighted or dishonest.

it's hilarious watching you chop down any and all recounted stories. If it makes you feel better I am sure I can talk to someone about creating a special thread for you where you are the only truth on a subject.
    once again you missed the point. this refers to something pretty general. i said you shouldnt judge who somebody is on second hand stories and opinions. Bonds is a jerk to Dan and a nice guy to someone else. So What. Someone says he cheated on his wife. once again she aint my wife. oh well for her if she took it. thats some naive shit to even waste time judging and bashing someone over on a personal level at that. You'll have to excuse my laughter at someone investing that much hate into someone they got to know on second hand opinion of the media. but fair enough. you're entitled to personally hate strangers for what goes on at their homes and who they are nice to. i just think fruitless thinking like that handcuffs any sense of being open minded in life about anything and anyone.

let's back off on the attitude. You clash with me due to my demeanor or politics or whatever that's cool let's just stop taking the other side of every post I make. It's getting obvious. I'll stoke your ego at some point today and you can forget anything that's happened in the past.
    Now Gecko, we've had this talk before. you dont offend me and i better not offend you damnit !!

blah, you factored in a couple game thread disputes over teams that neither of us root for to think i had agenda on you? yikes, ok nevermind. i better lay off before you tell someone i'm an evil bastard and they end up hating me too. Seriously though its nothing like that. and if you stoked my ego i'd be worried about who kidnapped Gecko.
    ^

Not having access to certain individuals, sometimes you have to form an opinion on them through what you hear secondhand. And the vast majority of secondhand accounts point to Bonds being a total asshole, so that's the opinion I have of him.

He's a cheating, selfish asshole. IMO, of course.

+ Reply to Thread