+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 2: San Antonio (1) vs Dallas (4), Mavs win 4-3

Rd 2: San Antonio (1) vs Dallas (4), Mavs win 4-3

VS

This is basically the WCF. Dallas is more rested while the Spurs are struggling a bit.

I don't see anyone stopping Tony Parker though. Both these teams have a lot of depth, but Spurs have better playoff preformers. With all that being said, Spurs in 6.

Round 2 Schedule

1. Sun, May 7 – San Antonio 87, Dallas 85
    2. Tue, May 9 – at San Antonio, 9:30 pm EDT (TNT)
    3. Sat, May 13 – at Dallas, 5:00 pm EDT (ESPN)
    4. Mon, May 15 – at Dallas, 9:30 pm EDT (TNT)
    5.* Wed, May 17 – at San Antonio (TNT)
    6.* Fri, May 19 – at Dallas (ESPN)
    7.* Mon, May 22 – at San Antonio (TNT)
    Last edited by Matt; 05-08-2006 at 06:21 PM.

It looks like SA might be in a little trouble this year. Dallas looks good.

Jerry Stackhouse took the final shot. Nuff said.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I'm glad.. I would have been pissed if someone took it who could have actually made it. They would have gone to over time and cut into the Pistons game.

Not that it meant anything anyways.

Since I already saw the outcome of game 1, I can't make a series prediction anymore. However I've previously said that the Spurs have the Mavericks nuts in a mason jar, and today's game only tightens the lid.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Stackhouse played a fine game overall. That end shot almost made sense the way the game was going. Stack wasn't very open (Dirk deciding to pass above Bowen rather than shoot above him), and he had Ginobili on him so any move toward the hole results in Flopomatic going to the line for two.

Dallas led most of the game, despite Duncan having a great game and Dirk's shot not falling. It wasn't as fun as watching Lindsey Hunter, three point ace, decimate the Cavs, but it was fine basketball.

Damn this series will get to 7 games.

It will be interesting to see the Mavs depth at work.

* I want to stab Ginobli with a knife...
    Last edited by Cross; 05-08-2006 at 06:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Somebody forgot to tell Stack that this is Dirk's team.

It brought back a lot of old memories, though. I was telling my wife that Stack is probably one of the best "3 quarter players" in the league. Did he pass the ball once in the 4th?

I was predicting that he was going to dribble it off his foot and have it go out of bounds, but deep down I was sure that Dirk was going to take that last shot, especially with the height advantage that he had.

My wife always liked Stack, so she asked if I thought he would finish his career as a Mav, and I had to say no. The guy seems to wear out his welcome every few years, so I can see him being a Clipper or on GSW to collect his last few paychecks.

If the Mavs have any shot, Dirk needs to demand the ball in a situation like that, IMO.

I think the Spurs are going to get them in any case.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Stackhouse played a fine game overall. That end shot almost made sense the way the game was going. Stack wasn't very open (Dirk deciding to pass above Bowen rather than shoot above him), and he had Ginobili on him so any move toward the hole results in Flopomatic going to the line for two.

Dallas led most of the game, despite Duncan having a great game and Dirk's shot not falling. It wasn't as fun as watching Lindsey Hunter, three point ace, decimate the Cavs, but it was fine basketball.
    That shot didn't "almost make sense". It made absolutely no sense. He got the ball with Ginobili BEHIND him, then dribbled back to the three point line with his team down by 2 letting Manu get in front of him and pretty much broadcasting his intention not to drive and to take a 3. Manu didn't have to worry about anything other than not running into him while he smothered his 3 point heave. Not to mention that Dampier had Duncan sealed out under the basket so Stackhouse had a possible open dunk and a definite open floater/layup/3 foot jumper.

Stackhouse is the least clutch good player in the NBA.
    STEW BEEF!

Stackhouse is the least clutch good player in the NBA.
    "Hey!!"

+ Reply to Thread