+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 2: San Antonio (1) vs Dallas (4), Mavs win 4-3

Threaded View

Rd 2: San Antonio (1) vs Dallas (4), Mavs win 4-3

VS

This is basically the WCF. Dallas is more rested while the Spurs are struggling a bit.

I don't see anyone stopping Tony Parker though. Both these teams have a lot of depth, but Spurs have better playoff preformers. With all that being said, Spurs in 6.

Round 2 Schedule

1. Sun, May 7 – San Antonio 87, Dallas 85
    2. Tue, May 9 – at San Antonio, 9:30 pm EDT (TNT)
    3. Sat, May 13 – at Dallas, 5:00 pm EDT (ESPN)
    4. Mon, May 15 – at Dallas, 9:30 pm EDT (TNT)
    5.* Wed, May 17 – at San Antonio (TNT)
    6.* Fri, May 19 – at Dallas (ESPN)
    7.* Mon, May 22 – at San Antonio (TNT)
    Last edited by Matt; 05-08-2006 at 06:21 PM.

It looks like SA might be in a little trouble this year. Dallas looks good.

Jerry Stackhouse took the final shot. Nuff said.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I'm glad.. I would have been pissed if someone took it who could have actually made it. They would have gone to over time and cut into the Pistons game.

Not that it meant anything anyways.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Stackhouse played a fine game overall. That end shot almost made sense the way the game was going. Stack wasn't very open (Dirk deciding to pass above Bowen rather than shoot above him), and he had Ginobili on him so any move toward the hole results in Flopomatic going to the line for two.

Dallas led most of the game, despite Duncan having a great game and Dirk's shot not falling. It wasn't as fun as watching Lindsey Hunter, three point ace, decimate the Cavs, but it was fine basketball.

Damn this series will get to 7 games.

It will be interesting to see the Mavs depth at work.

* I want to stab Ginobli with a knife...
    Last edited by Cross; 05-08-2006 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Stackhouse played a fine game overall. That end shot almost made sense the way the game was going. Stack wasn't very open (Dirk deciding to pass above Bowen rather than shoot above him), and he had Ginobili on him so any move toward the hole results in Flopomatic going to the line for two.

Dallas led most of the game, despite Duncan having a great game and Dirk's shot not falling. It wasn't as fun as watching Lindsey Hunter, three point ace, decimate the Cavs, but it was fine basketball.
    That shot didn't "almost make sense". It made absolutely no sense. He got the ball with Ginobili BEHIND him, then dribbled back to the three point line with his team down by 2 letting Manu get in front of him and pretty much broadcasting his intention not to drive and to take a 3. Manu didn't have to worry about anything other than not running into him while he smothered his 3 point heave. Not to mention that Dampier had Duncan sealed out under the basket so Stackhouse had a possible open dunk and a definite open floater/layup/3 foot jumper.

Stackhouse is the least clutch good player in the NBA.
    STEW BEEF!

Stackhouse is the least clutch good player in the NBA.
    "Hey!!"

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    That shot didn't "almost make sense". It made absolutely no sense. He got the ball with Ginobili BEHIND him,
    That's only because he had to hustle to even get the ball. Ginobili was in front or alongside him virtually all the time and almost intercepted the ball, remember?

My overall point is -- There was no way that San Antonio nailing Stack on a strong move to the hole would get charged with a foul at that point in the game, especially with Ginobili prepared to flop at a moment's notice.

"almost" is the key word.

then dribbled back to the three point line with his team down by 2 letting Manu get in front of him and pretty much broadcasting his intention not to drive and to take a 3.
    It looked like that was the option Avery wanted him to be.

Manu didn't have to worry about anything other than not running into him while he smothered his 3 point heave. Not to mention that Dampier had Duncan sealed out under the basket so Stackhouse had a possible open dunk and a definite open floater/layup/3 foot jumper.
    I'd fully expect him to get fouled in the attempt, so it isn't nearly as high % as it sounds. About the only way Stack draws a foul is if going away from the basket with Ginobili clearly looking like the aggressor.

What does it matter why manu was behind him? Stack had the ball with a clear route to the hole. He chose to run behind Ginobili and allow his beaten defender to get a 2nd chance. Duncan was sealed off, Ginobili beaten, SCORE THE FREE POINTS! Nope, not Stack.

And I don't understand why Stackhouse is more likely to get a call on a fade-away three pointer as he's jumping out of bounds but less likely to get one should Manu foul him from behind while he scores a lay-up/dunk down an open path to the basket.

Maybe Avery had drawn the play up with Stack as the bail-out three point option. Of course, I assume the play he drew up wasn't for Dirk to go stumbling away from the basket as he flailed the ball toward Stack nor do I think he anticipated Manu getting himself out of position going after the pass rather than guarding his man. I don't know if I'd bank on Avery backing up Stack's choice of running away from an open bucket because "its not how the play was drawn up."
    Last edited by Fool; 05-08-2006 at 12:20 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread