+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is this the greatest playoffs ever???

Blog Entries
    It's been an entertaining 1st round, but "best playoffs ever" is a little bold, at least as of today.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    It's been an entertaining 1st round, but "best playoffs ever" is a little bold, at least as of today.
    if you werent around for the years of the nuggets upset and the knicks wild run from the 7 spot. or my favorite, the pistons championship year when the bulls shocked the cavs(a cavs team we always had trouble with). there were many off the hook playoffs i've seen. this year is alright. only one team left with an actual chance to upset(the lakers). not that amazing to me. it had a nice start though.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    if you werent around for the years of the nuggets upset and the knicks wild run from the 7 spot. or my favorite, the pistons championship year when the bulls shocked the cavs(a cavs team we always had trouble with). there were many off the hook playoffs i've seen. this year is alright. only one team left with an actual chance to upset(the lakers). not that amazing to me. it had a nice start though.
    As alluded to, my favorite playoffs were the year when the Nuggets took out the Sonics. The Sonics were among the favorites to win the West, and this ragtag bunch of unprovens takes them out--Robert Pack, Chris Jackson (Macmoud Abdul-Rauf), Mutombo when he wasn't yet an asshole, and Laphonso Ellis, who very soon would blow out his knee. Dan Issel was the genius coach. That team looked to be exciting for years to come, but it fizzled out quickly. How many people even remember Robert Pack?

That was a fun year.

Five game 6's, and the home team goes 0-5?

Fucking letdown if you ask me.

Only 1 game 7. That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Five game 6's, only ONE of them goes to 7 games?

Fucking letdown if you ask me.
    i was thinking the same thing. just minor slippage by the favorites. and worse than that only one of the game 6 closeouts was climatic.
    ^

C - playoffs so far. Nothing too exciting, and most of the series are pretty forgetable(Dallas, Nets, Clippers, San Antonio, Detroit)

teams with homecourt advantage are 8-0 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    teams with homecourt advantage are 8-0 so far.
    so far its a good thing we got it.
    ^

When the bottom half of the East is struggling to even hit .500 then that stat should be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    C - playoffs so far. Nothing too exciting, and most of the series are pretty forgetable(Dallas, Nets, Clippers, San Antonio, Detroit)
    It's hard to judge. I wonder if it's because we're pulling for Detroit. Imagine a Cavs fan might judge these playoffs more generously, but for us, these playoffs don't even start until the ECF. So of course we're bored.

+ Reply to Thread