+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: And the Detroit Lions select: Ernie Sims, Daniel Bullocks, Brian Calhoun

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I myself don't like the pick. Sims has already had 5 concussions and will probably get knocked out and retire during mini-camp. I think Leinart is a franchise QB. I mean 2 National Championships and Heisman Trophy? What else do you want. The Lions have been searching for a QB ever since the franchise was formed and here was there chance. I guess Jon Kitna or Josh McCown is the answer. Boooooo!
    The last thing we needed was another offensive first rounder. The doctors cleared Sims, and they know about it then any of us. His concussions were from smashing bitches, which is exactly what Marinelli wants out his defense, and I personally think he'll fit the system perfectly.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by JS
    I am done, I will now spend the rest of the draft crying. One pick away from the steal of the draft. Damn you Philly!!!!!!
    i love matt millen. he gives me so many good chuckles.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

And the Detroit Lions select: Ernie Sims, Daniel Bullocks, Brian Calhoun

I personally hate the Ernie Sims pick.

It's not even that Sims is a bad player but we have much bigger needs than that.

Sims is an Outside Linebacker and we have too many of them (Bailey, Lehman, Lewis, Davis, Curry & Lennon.) already. What we are missing is a Middle Linebacker and Sims definitely won't be able to play MLB. Not to mention, we reached for an undersized LB with health concerns (he also broke his ankle last spring). Makes perfect sense to add to a group consisting of Bailey, Lehman and Davis who are all coming off of injuries.

We would've been better served with drafting Ngata, Bunkley, Justice or trading down.
    Last edited by H1Man; 04-29-2006 at 09:41 PM.

And Brian Calhoun in the 3rd? WTF?

There is no reason to take a backup RB when the highest rated OG (Giles) is still on the board. Who the fuck is going to block for him?

On ESPN Radio, John Clayton said Millen had 3 offers to trade back in the first round and refused. I agree that Sims wasn't a need but at the same time I like that we got a top LB. With that said I think Millen dropped the ball by not trying to move up to get Justice in the second and Spencer or Winston in the third.

I

The Lions took Brian Calhoun over Gabe Watson, Max-Jean Giles and Alan Zemaitis.

You guys do know what system our defense will be, and just how not suited our LB corp was for the job - right?
    Last edited by Comrade; 04-30-2006 at 03:24 AM.

I liked the first two picks. I think you will be pleasently surprised with Bullocks. Simms is the perfect player if healthy, which worries me. I don't get Calhoun. Giles was the pick there, or a CB, or even a TE. What are we going to do with Calhoun? Why did we sign Harris? What is the point of Pinner? Bryson? Uhg.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I like Calhoun, maybe not over Watson or Giles, but I am not convinced we will not need him. KJ has yet to prove he is durable, he has failed to stay healthy for all 16 games. From all that has been said Corey doesn't fit the offense and will likley be cut or be a back up. Bryson is likely the second HB inthe backfield or starting FB, depending what Martz calls it so that leaves only Pinner and Harris. Harris is mainly a return guy. So if KJ goes down the depth isn't the greatest. Hell if NO can have Bush and Duece, it can't hurt to have two quality backs.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    and leave gabe watson alone in the next round. if things keep working out as they have been. Oakland will hopefully snag him too.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread