+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Loose Change

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oobir
    -What was the motivation behind the attacks?

-How did such a huge conspiracy occur with no one involved ever letting anyone know?
    Motivation: as I already stated, the PNAC needed a "new Pearl Harbor".

Who would have to be in on the conspiracy in order to pull it off? I'd think very few. The rest would just follow orders. Would Atta and his cronies be privy to the government's agenda before executing their mission? No, they'd think they were doing it to advance their own cause, without ever knowing our government knew what they were about to do. People just assume that something this big would require the involvement of thousands of conspirators, but that's not the way the world works. People do what they're told and are trained not to question why.

Wow. Just wow. People actually give credence to stuff like this? I didn't even have to invest the 10 minutes that Gecko did to dismiss it out of hand. I'm perfectly comfortable calling "pile of crap" on this one without having to step in it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Wow. Just wow. People actually give credence to stuff like this? I didn't even have to invest the 10 minutes that Gecko did to dismiss it out of hand. I'm perfectly comfortable calling "pile of crap" on this one without having to step in it.
    Excellent. Way to be objective.

Objectively speaking, it's a nutty idea. While I don't doubt that all kinds of interests were opportunistic in using the 9/11 aftermath to advance their agendas, the idea that the government was an accessory, mastermind or complicit in any way other than sheer incompetence is laughable.
    Last edited by geerussell; 05-01-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Thumbs up

Objectively speaking, it's a nutty idea.
    Agreed.

So is invading Iraq for no good reason and pre-emptively striking Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by TK

Who would have to be in on the conspiracy in order to pull it off? I'd think very few. The rest would just follow orders. Would Atta and his cronies be privy to the government's agenda before executing their mission? No, they'd think they were doing it to advance their own cause, without ever knowing our government knew what they were about to do. People just assume that something this big would require the involvement of thousands of conspirators, but that's not the way the world works. People do what they're told and are trained not to question why.
    This is true... but following orders to ATTACK the Pentagon? Following orders to demolish the World Trade Centers (there's no way only a few people could have precisely planted so many "devices" in the towers in such a short amount of time)? Following orders to cover up the existence of Flight 93 (that would include United and Cleveland Airport)? Following orders is one thing -- I follow orders every day, we all do -- but executing a command which leads to the deaths of hundreds and thousands of Americans, and nobody talks? That's a tall order.

As for "advancing" their own cause -- it was alluded to in the film that the actual flights were not used, that several of the planes are still in existence. Also, most of the hijackers are still alive. That would mean that the so-called hijackers were never in on it, that the planes were remote-contolled drones (hence, the long opening about drones), which would again mean that Americans were behind the switches.

Agreed.

...therefore every random conspiracy theory has merit? No.

Agreed.

...therefore every random conspiracy theory has merit? No.
    It's only a 'random conspiracy theory' to you because you refuse to acknowledge it.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain

This is true... but following orders to ATTACK the Pentagon? Following orders to demolish the World Trade Centers (there's no way only a few people could have precisely planted so many "devices" in the towers in such a short amount of time)? Following orders to cover up the existence of Flight 93 (that would include United and Cleveland Airport)? Following orders is one thing -- I follow orders every day, we all do -- but executing a command which leads to the deaths of hundreds and thousands of Americans, and nobody talks? That's a tall order.

As for "advancing" their own cause -- it was alluded to in the film that the actual flights were not used, that several of the planes are still in existence. Also, most of the hijackers are still alive. That would mean that the so-called hijackers were never in on it, that the planes were remote-contolled drones (hence, the long opening about drones), which would again mean that Americans were behind the switches.
    I agree with everything you say here, but to me these issues are strawmen. They're interesting to talk about and investigate, but I believe the real issue is how much the government knew about 9/11, and whether or not it allowed 9/11 to happen in order to advance PNAC's agenda.

The buildings didn't need to collapse in order for Americans to be sufficiently pissed at whomever the government blamed for the incident.

From Stevie: Get off my name you fucking garbage person.

+ Reply to Thread