+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd1: Phoenix (2) vs LA Lakers (7), Suns win 4-3

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Safe to say LA cant hang with the Suns if theyre going to score 39 every quarter...
    kobe can do it. he can score a million points.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Good first game and if Kobe didn't get absolutely ROBBED on that timthomas foul, the game would have been even more interesting.

Its obviously up to the roll players for the lakers. You know Kobe wont have another game like that. But, can everyone else on that team play the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Its obviously up to the roll players for the lakers. You know Kobe wont have another game like that. But, can everyone else on that team play the same way?
    he actually had an uncomfortable game because he was playing within the offense and depending his teammates. he's used to just getting his shot and letting everyone else try to find a way to chip in on the side on their own. i'm surprised he stayed within the offense. If the role players can hold on to their newfound responsibility w/o fustrating the kobmeister, they may have a shot. Thats a pretty big if. If they lose game 2, will Kobe stick to the gameplan?
    ^

Oh wow. Look at this!!!

Where's the "Laker bandwagon" emoticon????

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    Oh wow. Look at this!!!

Where's the "Laker bandwagon" emoticon????
    its on the bandwagon with DM. I'm indifferent to this series. I still see the Suns winning in 5. Unless Kobe keeps the faith in the team concept. Which probally wont happen if they lose the next game in phoenix and especially if they lose in LA.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    he actually had an uncomfortable game because he was playing within the offense and depending his teammates. he's used to just getting his shot and letting everyone else try to find a way to chip in on the side on their own. i'm surprised he stayed within the offense. If the role players can hold on to their newfound responsibility w/o fustrating the kobmeister, they may have a shot. Thats a pretty big if. If they lose game 2, will Kobe stick to the gameplan?
    Dude, Kobe took tones of shots in this game that he usually hits. It just wasnt going down for him. He was missing layups for gods sake. I'm saying, if the lakers play a game like they did last night, and Kobe makes 40+% of his shots, LA has a pretty good chance. They have 0 rebounding, and their defense is laughable.

he took 21 shots. he averages 27 a game. he also took 8 of those in the 4th quarter. not really a complete comfort zone. And one other thing. the gameplan of using a team concept and actually really using the triangle caught the Suns off guard. it wont for the rest of this series though. And if it doesnt work as well as before, i doubt kobe sticks to it any longer than 1-2 games..
    ^

Luke Walton and Kwame Brown will realize that they're Luke Walton and Kwame Brown and start to suck again. Suns will win this in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Suns in 4. this is a joke matchup. I expect the Suns to push for 160 while kobe is pushing for 60.
    lakers take HCA, but suns are probably happy they didnt drop 2.

care to make another prediction?

ps i predicted the lakers would beat the suns (and then the clippers) a couple weeks ago when it looked like lakers would be 7th seed).

+ Reply to Thread