Suns in 5.
    No loud shout of "NASH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Suns in 5.
    No loud shout of "NASH!"
    You did it wrong.

It's not "NASH!"

It's NASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suns in 6. I think that the Lakers will match up fairly well but just don't have enough.

Lakers in 6.

The Lakers are one of the hottest teams in the Association, and Kwame Brown is gaining bigtime confidence. Now, he goes up against a converted guard? Say what you will, but if Mihm comes back for the series, the Lakers will own the paint.

Odom is finally playing up to his potential, threatening triple doubles in nearly every game for the past two weeks.... i.e., playing the Pippen role, though Scottie was a far better defender.

Smush is playing the ballhandler role, his job is to be a pest defensively and protect the ball offensively as to get it into Kobe's hands, which is pretty much how it's supposed to be done under Jackson.

Luke Walton's game has never been better, which isn't really saying much. But I see him in a Kurt Rambis role.

In all, the Lakers are finally gelling as a unit just at the right time. Many of their players are experiencing "personal best" seasons. And more than one expert has noted that this might be Phil Jackson's best coaching performance.

On the flip side, Phoenix is playing nowhere near the caliber of ball they played mid-season. While the Lakers have been surging with convincing victories as of late, the Suns have been lolligagging around, stuck in the two spot, wondering about Amare (he almost made a comeback... probably would have been best if he just stayed off the court).

I wouldn't be the least surprised if Phoenix never gets off the blocks in this series. And if the Lakers can avoid their third period problems, they'll roll.

There is only one player on the Lakers that gets Kwame the ball, and that Luke Walton. IMO thats a pretty easy thing to stop. The Lakers don't play any kind of remarkable defense and that's the only way to beat the Suns because you damn sure ain't gonna outscore them.

Convincing victories as of late? Even Cheif Triangle says not to make much of this last run since its full of garbage teams, all home games, and of course 2 games against the Suns (one they lost and one they won while Nash was out).

This is a sweep for the Suns.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    There is only one player on the Lakers that gets Kwame the ball, and that Luke Walton. IMO thats a pretty easy thing to stop. The Lakers don't play any kind of remarkable defense and that's the only way to beat the Suns because you damn sure ain't gonna outscore them.

Convincing victories as of late? Even Cheif Triangle says not to make much of this last run since its full of garbage teams, all home games, and of course 2 games against the Suns (one they lost and one they won while Nash was out).

This is a sweep for the Suns.
    I'm not a firm believer of resting your starters the last game of the season. With the Suns, it's been the last few games. The Lakers come into this matchup playing at a high level. Except for Atlanta, NY, or Portland, every NBA team is still an NBA team, capable of having a great night. And the Lakers are STILL the Lakers, losing record or not. Garbage teams will tend to wanna beat the Lakers while they're down, to make up for all of those embarrassing defeats of years past, so I don't buy the "garbage team "approach of your argument. The Lakers last game was a 20 point victory where they were up by 36 at one point until Jackson cleared the bench. And N.O. is not a rollover team -- they were once right in the middle of things until a collapse, so they have talent.

All I'm saying is that the Lakers come into this series on a roll. Sometimes, momentum is all you need. BTW, the Suns are not the Pistons -- that is, consistent play. The Suns have had a few slumps this season. What's to say they're not due for another?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    DM if the lakers played anything remotely close to shut down defense i'd give em a shot. But they dont and the suns are going to run them out of phoenix, LA and everywhere in between.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

There is no person in this series that has more talent and that is more competitve than Kobe. That's good for at least 2 wins.

Suns in 7.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    There is no person in this series that has more talent and that is more competitve than Kobe. That's good for at least 2 wins.

Suns in 7.
    one man cant offset a a team. the suns can outscore kobe and odom almost double. i dont think the other lakers can make up for that. And 81 points may beat the raptors, but i dont expect his scoring to beat a playoff team anymore than one game.. if the lakers got the 6th spot i'd buy the idea of a close series. but i'm selling on them holding "their" own in this one. no further than 5 games i'm think.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Safe to say LA cant hang with the Suns if theyre going to score 39 every quarter...

+ Reply to Thread