+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd1: Phoenix (2) vs LA Lakers (7), Suns win 4-3

Man, makes me wish I'd have stayed up to watch. It sure as hell took a long time for Kobe to revert.
    STEW BEEF!

So, game 7, eh?

I think the lakers have a shot.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Man, makes me wish I'd have stayed up to watch. It sure as hell took a long time for Kobe to revert.
    yea, well the excitement of advancing was too much for him not to go into hog mode. he saw the chance to stick to the billions of imaginary haters inside his head. my favorite thing is that he kinda blamed his teammates.

he said that kwame hadnt been aggressive and neither had smush. but he'll talk to 'em and make sure they stay aggressive. but last i checked kwame was killing the suns whenever they passed to him. the passing it to him part is what got lost. damn if he really thinks he didnt keep the suns in it going all world kobe mode, he might shoot the fakers out of the next game. phil jackson has work cut out for him. but he's still outcoached d'antoni to death and back.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I knew the Suns would force a game 7.

As for win the series, I don't know. I think with HCA they can pull it off.

It's gonna be a good one.

How the fuck did Kobe go into hog mode?

Despite some guys being in foul trouble they were up by 3 right near the end.

Nash misses a 3, board falls to Marion and then Tim fucking Thomas hits the shot to send it to OT? I'd say the Lakers were unlucky and did a lot right to be in that position.

Fact is if Thomas misses that 3 and the Lakers advance y'all would be riding Kobe's jock and claiming it was an amazing performance.

Since they lost the game it's time for Kobe to step up yet again in Phoenix.

If he wants people to love him or regard him as the real MVP then he's got to win Game 7. It doesn't matter how many points he scores as long as the Lakers win people will annoit him.

A funny thing from a Bill Simmons article on ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/060505

if Kobe doesn't completely eviscerate Bell in Game 7, everyone on the planet is banned from making any more Kobe-MJ comparisons. We all know that MJ would have dropped 55 on Bell, shut down Nash on the other end and disemboweled D'Antoni for good measure. Kobe, if you're going to steal MJ's fist clench/shake from Game 1 of the 1998 Finals without asking, you need to take this all the way. You cannot lose Game 7. You can't.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

It will be like the Pistons-Magic in 03. Game 7 at home, Phoneix has a huge amount of momentum, this will be ugly if you are a laker fan.

Personally I don't care who wins.

I do want the Clippers to bounce the winner ASAP though.

IMO it would be funny as hell to see Brand, Cassell and their guys sweep Nash or Kobe.

Cassell would be talking non-stop for a week.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This kinda reminds me of the pistons-magic series of 2003. Orlando came into game 5 up 3-1 and laid an egg, like the Lakers did tonight, because they were banking on game 6 in their house.

Suns in 7.
    Of course, 2 suns wins later and people actually pick up on this....

Quote Originally Posted by Artis Gilmore
    It will be like the Pistons-Magic in 03. Game 7 at home, Phoneix has a huge amount of momentum, this will be ugly if you are a laker fan.

lakers down 17 in the first qtr

+ Reply to Thread