+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28
FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Rd1: Miami (2) vs Chicago (7), Heat Win 4-2

Well hopefully the Bulls win game 6 and drag the series out to 7. I don't think the bulls have any chance on the road.

Hype?

I wonder if Michael Sweetney can beat Shaq in a pie eatoff.

let's see if chicago can pull together a win

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    LOL@Walker calling Skiles a Whiner. Thats like richard simmons calling will and grace too much of a gayass show.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Re

I'm begining to think we need a healthy Heat team to drag the Nets down.

The Net Heat series should be better to watch then then our series.

I hope the Net Heat is a classic knock down, drag out series.

Bulls pretty much laid down tonight. Product of a young team, they couldnt handle the pressure.

Looks like we'll have a NJ/Miami game 1 on what, Saturday?

Blog Entries
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/mario...spt-jay05.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mariotti
    They should have given Scott Skiles a jersey and jock. At least he came with fire -- albeit misdirected and lacking class -- on a slow, sloppy night when his players didn't record a pulse and exposed how far the Bulls are from Seriousville. When Antoine Walker, son of Chicago, ended a lopsided first half by telling Skiles to stop whining to the officials, Skiles chided Walker for whining the entire series.

Suddenly, a Jerry Springer episode broke out at courtside.

The dialogue should have ended there. As analyst and former Bulls hero Steve Kerr said on the TNT telecast, coaches have to stay above the fray when tempers explode. But when Walker fired back with a flurry of gutter expletives, calling Skiles a derogatory term for a homosexual and worse according to scorer's-table observers, Skiles couldn't control himself. He pointed at Walker, shouted ''That's [bleeping] bull [bleep]'' at the Miami forward and had to be restrained as the teams left for the locker rooms.

You think Skiles, the pug-nosed punk of a coach who once fought Shaquille O'Neal in Orlando and the law in East Lansing, Mich., was succumbing to this challenge? He'd try anything to inspire his team. But the Bulls didn't respond and proved no match for a team that finally received an energized, smart performance from O'Neal -- 30 points, 20 rebounds, five assists in 38 minutes -- after the Heat was rescued and unified by Dwyane Wade's limping heroics Tuesday.

Specifically, the Bulls were sabotaged by a sickly inside game. There was no ''man in the middle,'' as the public-address man says. They got a combined zero points, zero blocks, 11 fouls and six rebounds from Tyson ($64 million) Chandler, Michael Sweetney and Luke (Big Bird) Schenscher, which is all you need to know about the 113-96 stinker.

''We were a step slow from the beginning,'' Skiles said. ''The last two games, we weren't ourselves.''

And the Walker incident? Skiles said he was rudely interrupted while chatting with official Jess Kersey. ''Antoine called me something I didn't like,'' he said.

There will be no next round at the United Center for the second straight year, and if general manager John Paxson would like to listen, there's a very good reason for that disappointment.
    The article goes on to say that the reason is that they need a superstar.
    Last edited by Glenn; 05-05-2006 at 09:45 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Wow, I saw the fray but didn't know what it was about. Skiles seems a little touchy about his sexual preference. Perhaps he should be on suspicion.
    STEW BEEF!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    him and walker should. that dance walker makes, the extra happy he seems in the alternate pink flamingo jerseys, and the 13 year old girl whining he does. all of those are questionable.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread