+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acker getting a 2-year extension?

Acker getting a 2-year extension?

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/stories...l=1&thispage=2

Acker, who will be a free agent this summer, has the most to gain by playing well in the next few games. While the Pistons are expected to re-sign him to a two-year contract, Acker knows a strong showing this week will help in that regard.

"Oh yeah, I'm looking at that when I get on the court also," Acker said.
    Interesting...

If he shows SOMETHING, I have no problem with signing him cheaply to a 2-year deal. It doesnt mean he has to stay on our active 12 man roster....

actually I was hoping we'd lock Amir up for 3 more years...

As long as it doesnt interfere with Ben's contract it's all good

Amir signed a standard 2nd round pick contract (2 years with possible team option for the third?)

Doesn't really matter about the team option, since he falls under the new Gilbert Arenas/Mehmet Okur rule of the CBA

Acker didn't get a 2 year deal. Despite all the bullshit printed about Joe being high on Double A he only got a 1 year deal, that wasn't even fully guaranteed.

Acker only got a full guarantee after January 10 (I think it's the 10th) when all contracts are guaranteed for the season.

THAT explains why Acker is a free agent to be.

He's only gonna get the minimum for 2 years anyway, and if he manages to become a decent pro we'll have Bird Rights on him after that.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread