Page 1 of 15
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Delfino: "I was misquoted"

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart

Frustrated Delfino?

http://www.fiba.com/pages/en/events/...=12108&r_cat=8

13/04/2006
    ARG - Frustrated Delfino wants to make Venezuela trip

DETROIT (FIBA World Championship) - Argentina guard Carlos Delfino is hoping he can play for his country in the South American Championships even if it means missing the NBA play-offs with the Detroit Pistons.

Argentina are due to compete in the Championships this July and the preparation schedule in the lead-up to the event would require Delfino to miss considerable time in what is expected to be a robust title-challenge from the Pistons.

The 23-year-old Delfino, who won Olympic gold with his country at the Athens Olympics, has no doubts about where he would rather be.

"I want to play for the national team," he said.

Delfino has met with Argentina coach Sergio Hernandez to discuss his schedule and the shooting guard told the Ole newspapers he had made himself available.

"He showed me the schedule of work he has planned for the team and I told him I was at his service, because I want to play," he said.

Delfino, who will have one eye on the FIBA World Championship in August, has struggled for playing time with the Pistons.

He is averaging 10.2 minutes per game, with an average of 3.2 points and 1.5 rebounds in that time.

Delfino attributes his time on the bench to Detroit coach Flip Saunders' tactics.

"He is so offensive that we forget defence a bit. Saunders is focused very much on attacking, on points," he said.

"I need to come in and shoot more, but I'm finding it very difficult to get used to the selfish mentality here.

"I prefer to pass the ball and here, if you enter for four or five minutes and don't score, you're out of the game."

Delfino admitted that it was frustrating to have to spend so much time on the bench.

"I have a very good performance in one game and then I'm on the bench for the next three. He (Saunders) tells me 'Be prepared, you play today' and nothing else. I know I must be always ready, but it's difficult."

It is partly because of his frustrations in the Motor City that Delfino is so keen to travel with Argentina to Venezuele for the South American Championships.

"I'm young and can find my rhythm quickly," he said when asked if he would be ready to play. "I'm training a lot here.

"However, I don't know if I'll be available to play the South American Championships because it would be complicated if Detroit get to the NBA Finals."

PA Sport
    Well the article seems to have parts that could be taken out of context. His actual quotes don't seem to point to anything incriminating.

Hope a local reporter puts him on the spot about it.

I just vant to play.

-ojay!

I'm predicting 18 pages for this thread. GO!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I dont see why. we already went through this. Delfino just said what we already know. Flip punishes defenders. No need to rehash it. I know Ojay posted it to start up some Delfino shit for negative purposes in hopes of comparing him to darkhead.

Only i'll say is, if we lose delfino i'll live with that. Unlike arroyo he can fit here. In fact he has IMO. But its based on how you look at it. If you drink jumpshot kool aid, then no you wouldnt be satisfied. But overall he's been solid as an overall player.

With that said, if we keep that shithead Evans. I'll be looking to blow up his crib.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    I'm predicting 18 pages for this thread. GO!
    True story. I feel like it should be swatted just based on that shit.

That said, maybe we should have gotten Ariza for him in the Darroyo trade.

Continue...LMFAO.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Delfino is garbage. Who talks about other teams in a quest for a championship. Joe just whiffed like no other on the 2003 draft...nothing more to say.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    poor delfino, seriously. i know we all want him to get his burn but to hear him say that stuff makes me sad. both for him and for his validating what weve said about flip all year. all del does is come in and do better than mo but 'if you enter for four of five minutes and dont score, youre out of the game' completely shatters flips mentality. basically im hearing that if del doesnt score but gets three defensive stops, thats not as good as mo getting a wide open dunk and letting three guys (or same guy three times) blow by him for a layup. sooo.... 0 points for us and 0 points for them is not as good as 2 points for us and 6 points for them? not mo hatin here because i do like him too but, well... you know.

ive always said that if nothing else, del helped beat us in the olympics and he wasnt just gettin splinters on the bench so that should speak loudly on his behalf, but i guess im totally wrong. this bench treatment has turned me into a bigger del fan than i ever thought id be. i hope this doesnt lead to his leaving the team like some other benchwarmers who have talent.

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    I know Ojay posted it to start up some Delfino shit for negative purposes in hopes of comparing him to darkhead.
    I only posted it cause I'm sweet.

-ojay!

Quote Originally Posted by ojay
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    I know Ojay posted it to start up some Delfino shit for negative purposes in hopes of comparing him to darkhead.
    I only posted it cause I'm sweet.
    sweet as a fruitcake.
    ^

Re: Frustrated Delfino?

"He is so offensive that we forget defence a bit. Saunders is focused very much on attacking, on points," he said.

"I need to come in and shoot more, but I'm finding it very difficult to get used to the selfish mentality here.

"I prefer to pass the ball and here, if you enter for four or five minutes and don't score, you're out of the game."
    Delfino's the smartest damn guy on this team. He calls it like he sees it. These 3 quotes prove exactly what we've all been thinking. Flip doesn't give a damn about defense, and if you're a bench player you better come in and chuck up a bunch of shots or you aren't going to get minutes. That is exactly the problem. Players shouldn't feel pressured to go out of the flow of the game to put up points. That just turns players selfish. That's the last thing we need. We don't need players having to launch up bad shots just to get minutes in the next game.

FP22 lets let it go though. i refuse to see delfino get belittled by a darko type thread started by ojay.

seriously though, this isnt new news. just have respectfully disagree with anyone swearing that delfino sucks. been over this too many times to over rehash it. beware of ojays true plan.
    ^

+ Reply to Thread