+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 07

NCAA Football 07

I know.....I know.....this should be in "The New and Upcoming Games Thread", but this is a sports site, and sports games don't get any bigger than NCAA Football.

Here is the first tidbit of info that has been released on the game to this point from Gamespot.com

In what has to be one of the least surprising moves in gaming history, Electronic Arts is apparently rolling out another edition of NCAA Football. Months ago, online retailers began posting product pages for NCAA Football 07, the sequel to the very successful NCAA Football 06. While fans of undergrad football bet their tuition on a new edition, they didn't really have an idea of what would be in it--until recently.

A game description has been posted on GameStop.com for the PlayStation 2 edition (EBGames.com has listings for Xbox 360 and Xbox versions), throwing out some tidbits of info on new features. If the product page is to be believed, 07 will have an emphasis on making big plays that will be able to "turn the tide," courtesy of the new momentum system.

Preseason will have the spring game, which helps evaluate incoming freshmen, and spring drills, a set of stat-boosting minigames akin to Madden NFL's minicamp mode. EA's deal with sports network ESPN will also make its debut in the series, with "real-time updates from ESPN Radio," as well as dynasty mode info through ESPN.com.

Good news for NCAA Football fans who always wondered how their players were doing on their Communications midterm. NCAA Football 07 will also have a back-to-school mode, where characters live the life of a student athlete by studying, playing some pigskin, and attending social events--unlike some real-life college programs. Manage the character's time right, and he'll excel on the field as well as in the classroom.
    I can't freaking wait for this. Ever since '97, after this game comes out, nothing goes in my system for about 5 months. And this year, it's next-gen on the 360!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

i have 06 and love it. I only have one complaint though, and it's that you get screwed on the Heisman race. I had 60+ TD's and got beat my Mike Hart, who had 22 TD's. I set every record imaginable and yet only won the Heisman one out of 3 years. Other than that, the game is amazing.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    i have 06 and love it. I only have one complaint though, and it's that you get screwed on the Heisman race. I had 60+ TD's and got beat my Mike Hart, who had 22 TD's. I set every record imaginable and yet only won the Heisman one out of 3 years. Other than that, the game is amazing.
    Dang, man. I think it's about time to bump up the difficulty a bit.

I rented 06 and loved it. Can't wait for 07.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Dang, man. I think it's about time to bump up the difficulty a bit.
    Yeah, time to get off Junior Varsity, or at least move the sliders around a little bit.

I hope I can adjust to the new controller. I've been playing College Football with a PlayStation controller since '97. I played one game on the Xbox a few years back, and it wasn't pretty.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I hope I can adjust to the new controller. I've been playing College Football with a PlayStation controller since '97. I played one game on the Xbox a few years back, and it wasn't pretty.
    Actually, you shouldn't have a problem with it. It has the 4 shoulder buttons now and you don't have to go out of your way to hit the black and clear buttons now.

I mean, did you have any problems adjusting with NBA 2K6?

It's easy, you'll get used to it after like an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    Actually, you shouldn't have a problem with it. It has the 4 shoulder buttons now and you don't have to go out of your way to hit the black and clear buttons now.

I mean, did you have any problems adjusting with NBA 2K6?
    Nope, not at all.

I think you're right, I remember dropping back to pass and trying to throw to a receiver that was assigned to the "black" button! Ugh! That was terrible. The black and white buttons could go in "The worst decisions in video game history thread". I'm so glad Microsoft tweaked the controller for the 360. It's perfect.

Does anyone know what happened with rivals.com and EA? I remember reading a preview for 06 and rivals had signed on with EA and would have the rivals 100 and many different rivals menus as you recruit. When I popped in the game (and played for 5 months) I didn't see one mention of rivals anywhere. Wha happened? Hopefully it's in the 07 version.

+ Reply to Thread