View Poll Results: Who should the Lions take at 9?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ernie Simms (LB) FSU

0 0%
  • AJ Hawk (LB)

3 25.00%
  • Vince Young (QB) Texas

2 16.67%
  • Jay Cutler (QB) Vanderbilt

0 0%
  • Matt Leinart (QB) USC

0 0%
  • Winston Justice (OT) USC

3 25.00%
  • Haloti Ngata (DT) Oregon

1 8.33%
  • Broderick Bunkley (DT) FSU

0 0%
  • Michael Huff (DB) Texas

3 25.00%
  • Jimmy Williams (DB) VaTech

0 0%
  • Eric Winston (OT) Mia

0 0%
  • Tye Hill (CB) Clemson

0 0%
  • Vernon Davis (TE) Maryland

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lions Draft Poll

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    What the fuck is going on?
    Ask this man.

Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Pesonally Vince Young would be the last QB I would take in this draft. Forget the fact that he has that gay limp wristed delivery it's the simple case that no Run First QB has ever won squat in this league.

I can't stand Michael Vicks game and think he's the second best QB on that team and should be the backup to Schaub.

If Young can turn out to be a McNair, Young throw first and use your feet to win second than maybe he has a chance.

Personally I would draft VY as a Wide Out and I am not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Pesonally Vince Young would be the last QB I would take in this draft. Forget the fact that he has that gay limp wristed delivery it's the simple case that no Run First QB has ever won squat in this league.

I can't stand Michael Vicks game and think he's the second best QB on that team and should be the backup to Schaub.

If Young can turn out to be a McNair, Young throw first and use your feet to win second than maybe he has a chance.

Personally I would draft VY as a Wide Out and I am not kidding.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're insane man. Check the stats. He threw better than the good ol' boys too!
    He also had the 2nd strongest arm in the skills competition. This shit is hilarious.

[quote="MOLA1"]

Personally I would draft VY as a Wide Out and I am not kidding

You're insane man. Check the stats. He threw better than the good ol' boys too!
    He also had the 2nd strongest arm in the skills competition. This shit is hilarious.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not doubting his athleticism or leadership. That's not the issue here, even if he has trouble getting that sidearm throw off without it be batted down he still has those qualities. Like I said what's at issue here is QB's that use their legs to win are actually more detrimental to their teams. At first sign of trouble Young like Vick will look to run. This doesn't cut it in the NFL. Maybe the CFL would be a great fit for Young? Vince Young is just another Randall Cunningham.

Can a run-first QB become a great qb? I mean young was a run first, that worked out. Flutie and cunningham and McNair were all succesful in time. The player just needs to use his legs as a weapon to punish instead of a tool the rely on. VY could develop into a passer, god knows he has a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Can a run-first QB become a great qb? I mean young was a run first, that worked out. Flutie and cunningham and McNair were all succesful in time. The player just needs to use his legs as a weapon to punish instead of a tool the rely on. VY could develop into a passer, god knows he has a gun.

Common mistake...Steve Young, Mcnair, Flutie, McNabb and Culpepper are all not or were not run first QB's. They all used their arms first and foremost. The intelligence of a Steve Young to stick in the pocket instead of running at the first sign of pressure is what seperates him and some others from the field.

Cunningham and Vick on the other hand are run first QB's.

A QB needs to be highly intelligent, have a good feel for the game and have a high football IQ to succeed. This goes for the fastest, slowest, biggest arms, weakest arms whatever.

VYoung is as smart as a bowl of rocks.

Maybe the CFL would be a great fit for Young? Vince Young is just another Randall Cunningham.
    Those comments don't seem to string together quite right. Last time I checked, Randall Cunningham was a good QB.

Common mistake...Steve Young, Mcnair, Flutie, McNabb and Culpepper are all not or were not run first QB's. They all used their arms first and foremost. The intelligence of a Steve Young to stick in the pocket instead of running at the first sign of pressure is what seperates him and some others from the field.

A QB needs to be highly intelligent, have a good feel for the game and have a high football IQ to succeed. This goes for the fastest, slowest, biggest arms, weakest arms whatever.

You're fucking insane. Since you didn't want to pull the stats, I will...

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

Throw in rushing stats and it's a landslide. This shit is retarded.
    Last edited by MOLA1; 04-25-2006 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy

I disagree. I don't like young, but this was a bad post none-the less. All the guys I named were mass runners for a long time, and Cunningham threw for 3800 yards once. Guys change. Yes, Randall and Vick ran more, they are going to end up 1 and 2 on the all time list.

I won't get into your intelligence comment, but a lot of real sucessful QBs had very low scores including Marino, Testaverde, Jeff George, and McNabb while there are hundreds who did well on the wonderlic and never made it.

Some succesful QB's have worn boxers and others briefs. You're right his wonderlic it doesn't matter, unless he is stupid. I don't know and I take back my comment.

One more thing to ccnsider. VY has ever operated out of a pro style offense. He ran the option and operated out of the shotgun. Jamal Holloway was the best option QB I ever seen and he never made it in the NFL.

Some succesful QB's have worn boxers and others briefs. You're right his wonderlic it doesn't matter, unless he is stupid. I don't know and I take back my comment.

One more thing to ccnsider. VY has ever operated out of a pro style offense. He ran the option and operated out of the shotgun. Jamal Holloway was the best option QB I ever seen and he never made it in the NFL.
    Of all the argument against VY, that is the only one that can actually be used to say that he won't succeed in the pro's.

+ Reply to Thread