+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lions Off-Season Thread

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Lions release veteran DT WilkinsonMay 22, 2006
    ALLEN PARK, Michigan (Ticker) - Rod Marinelli prefers fast defensive tackles with the ability to penetrate the backfield over massive ones that clog the middle. That essentially spelled the end for Dan Wilkinson with the Detroit Lions.
    The 6-4, 353-pound Wilkinson was released by the Lions on Monday after starting all 48 games for them over the last three seasons.
    However, Wilkinson was not a good fit in the Cover-2 defense scheme that new coach Marinelli is installing in Detroit.
    The No. 1 overall pick in the 1994 draft, Wilkinson played four seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals before being traded to the Washington Redskins in 1997. He spent five years with Washington before signing with the Lions in 2003.
    In Detroit, Wilkinson was paired inside with Shaun Rogers, who made the Pro Bowl each of the last two seasons.
    In his 12-year career, Wilkinson compiled 455 tackles and 54 sacks.
    The Lions on Monday also re-signed restricted free agent linebacker James Davis to a one-year contract. Davis started all 16 games at weakside linebacker last season and was third on the team in tackles with 79.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Does this mean that Marcus Bell will be retained?

I hope to God Bell's not retained. He's a whiny little bitch and he's not even good. We have plenty of depth at the DL position.

Anyhoo, this was a pretty good release. He was good, but it was pretty clear that he was on his last legs. I wish Wilkinson the best of luck in retirement, and hopefully he'll lose some of that weight.

In spite of the whole "speed" thing and the depth at DT, there is some speculation that Warren Sapp might be cut on or before June 1 by the Raiders. Anyone think he would come here to play for the coach he loves and fill that void for a year or two? And if so, would you like that? While I think he's way past his prime, I still think he can teach this young DL a few things and help Marinelli get to them and bring some attitude to the line. I'm down with that.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    On TOS it was mentioned that Bill Swancutt had been tearing it the fuck up and may have a chance to start. Anyone else hear this?

Wow, I honestly haven't even thought about TOS in at least 6 months. I need to sit down for a while longer.

And no, haven't heard anything about Swancutt and I've been to several other Lions sites. TOS is a circle jerk for idiots.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Wow, I honestly haven't even thought about TOS in at least 6 months. I need to sit down for a while longer.
    My mistake.

RealGM. Not TOS.

I've heard TOS used as an acronym for "The Other Site", in reference to RGM.

Also an acronym for "Terms of Service."

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34

And no, haven't heard anything about Swancutt and I've been to several other Lions sites. TOS is a circle jerk for idiots.
    I don't want this to become a TOS thread, but I agree with Jethro.

I don't even go there to check out the news stories at the top of the page, anymore. I haven't even browsed that site in months. Its grown so bad over there. A "circle jerk for idiots" is a perfect description. Of course, there's an intelligent poster or two, but overall, the collective intelligence on that site is in the 5 year old range.
    Last edited by Taymelo; 05-26-2006 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Blog Entries
    Even if you wanted to go there I don't know how you could stand the trojan spyware, the pop ups and the annoying green underlined advertising links in every post.

My Norton firewall started seizing up everytime I used to go there.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread