+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cubs Thread

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Im a cubs fan. Ever since Greg Maddux first big year there. The days of Andre Hawk Dawson, Ryan Sandberg, and Mark *win a title with someone else* Grace. Fuck Sammy Sosa and his sorry ass fall off.

Hmmm of course being a cubs fan is a self inflicted womb. [smilie=angry.gif]
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

That deal grossly underpaid Lee.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    That deal grossly underpaid Lee.
    I think it's about right. He's underpaid the first couple years, but when he starts to decline, he'll be overpaid. He's already thirty now.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

oh yeah....Cubs fan since I was a kid (born in Chicago, so not just for no reason). My folks now live just a couple stops on the Red Line from Wrigley. They tried to get us tix to the Tigers comin' to town but couldn't get em'.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Man that cat Dawson used to crush some serious homers. i miss those days. Of course Sosa turned into a bitchmade prick and nomar was more like hoe-mar. but this is a good sign that we finally swept the cardinals in a set. I think we have less power, but better hitting. I also like todd walker. Dude is one of those guys who hits like he's a .300 hitter in big moments though his average is usually lower. Hmm I'm hoping barret can hit 30 homers this year. hoping atleast.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Have fun on the DL, Lee.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Who the hell does Greg Maddux think he is?? He's 5-0 now, with an era barely over 1. All at the tender young age of........40. I drafted him for my fantasy team hoping to get just an innings eater who doesnt' kill your era, but WOW. What a start for the old man.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Mad props to Maddux for representing the old guys. He's on a vengeance due to the fact his streak ended last year.

All the old farts seem to be performing well this year. Rogers, Pedro, Maddux, and I can go on.

Blog Entries

Michael Barrett gets 10 game suspension for punching AJ Pussinski

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2459060

Barrett suspended 10 games for igniting brawl

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Chicago Cubs catcher Michael Barrett was suspended for 10 games and White Sox outfielder Brian Anderson five games for a bench-clearing brawl that led to four ejections.

Barrett's punch of Pierzynski after a collision at home plate earned him 10 games on the bench.

Barrett has said he will appeal the suspension.

Barrett, who punched White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski to ignite the melee, and Anderson also were fined an undisclosed amount by Major League Baseball on Friday.

White Sox third base coach Joey Cora was suspended two games and fined, while Pierzynski was fined for the incident during the interleague game on Saturday.

In the second inning, Pierzynski knocked Barrett over at home plate before the throw arrived and slapped the plate after the collision as the ball got away. Barrett then punched Pierzynski.

Anderson, who hit a bases-loaded sacrifice fly to score Pierzynski, got into a fight with Cubs first baseman John Mabry. Mabry injured his ribs in the commotion and was taken to a hospital for X-rays.

Barrett, Pierzynski, Anderson and Mabry were ejected.

The game was delayed nearly 15 minutes before Tadahito Iguchi hit a grand slam to give the White Sox a 5-0 lead en route to a 7-0 win.

All three suspensions are scheduled to begin Friday, when the White Sox are at Toronto and the Cubs host Atlanta, unless appealed.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Seems heavy to me.

I think 5 games might have been enough.

Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread