+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cubs Thread

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Man, my stupid Cubs fans friends last night were trying to convince me that the Cubs were the front-runners to get CC Sabathia at the deadline because they "Had more to offer than any other team."

When I asked them which great prospects they would send they listed Eric Patterson and "Mark" Fontenot. When I tried to tell them that Fontenot was 28 (and also Mike not Mark) and not really a "prospect" any more they called me a liar. I hate Cubs fans (most of them anyways, no offense Wizzle).
    Some are nuts, but so are some pistons fans to be honest. How many Sheed for kg straight up trade ideas floated around over the past few years?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    It would take alot more than Patterson to get CC, he's hardly considered a prospect anymore, along with Pie & Murton.

To get CC, I bet it would take Vitters or Colvin along with a guy like Gallagher...

The Cubs have tons of depth in the minor leagues, but they are also filled with guys who either A) never develop and we're over hyped (Pawelek, Harvey, Pie) or B) have shown nothing in the time they've gotten in the bigs (Murton, Gallagher, Patterson, Fuld, Jake Fox, Hoffpauir)

Hopefully that Cashner kid they drafted can actually be something...
    With the injuries we've been having, i dont think trading anyone is a luxury now. I think our depth in the minors is a big reason we sit with the best record in the majors. If we can get a pitcher for Pie, cool. But i doubt that we could.
    ^

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    Some are nuts, but so are some pistons fans to be honest. How many Sheed for kg straight up trade ideas floated around over the past few years?
    No doubt.

If you go to Wrigley much, though, it's not just an isolated few. The vast, vast majority are like this, if they're even sober enough to fight off the batting cage rats by the third. Sad.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    6-player trade, Cubs get Rich Harden and Chad Gaudin.

Blog Entries
    Good trade for the Cubs, Murton was a bust, Patterson's never going to develop into anything more than a Pablo Ozuna type utility player, and I wasn't too high on Gallagher...

Donaldson may have been the best player going the other way...

Hopefully Harden can stay healthy, and Gaudin is not bad either, he had a solid season last year and when he's healthy, is a better pitcher than Marquis, IMO...

Zambrano/Harden/Lilly/Dempster/Gaudin

^^^that's pretty damn potent

Good trade for the Cubs, Murton was a bust, Patterson's never going to develop into anything more than a Pablo Ozuna type utility player, and I wasn't too high on Gallagher...

Donaldson may have been the best player going the other way...

Hopefully Harden can stay healthy, and Gaudin is not bad either, he had a solid season last year and when he's healthy, is a better pitcher than Marquis, IMO...

Zambrano/Harden/Lilly/Dempster/Gaudin

^^^that's pretty damn potent
    1.) Matt Murton wasn't a bust, he was told at the beginning of the season that he was going to be traded and not given playing time unless it was needed. Why? Don't know but Pinella just didn't have him in his plans.

2.) Gallagher pitched fairly well. Don't know where the not being high on him thing comes from. I think it's his solid pitching as of late that made this deal happen.

Patterson probably won't be anything special I agree, But Matt Murton I think will. Either way We've improved our rotation and bullpen big time. It's the best pitching staff we've had in a long time and second best rotation we've had(Behind the Prior, Woods, Zambrano, Clements rotation that should have gone to the world series). Also Gaudin will probably not start. He'll have more value to our bullpen which has been pitching a lil' bity too often. Look for Jason Marquis and then Maybe Rich Hill to fill out the rotation when he gets back.
    ^

Blog Entries
    Idk man, the Cubs have a history in recent years of not developing prospects...

- Felix Pie

- Ryan Harvey

- Mark Pawelek

- Ronny Cedeno

- Jae Kuk Ryu

- Andy Sisco

- Juan Cruz

- Ben Christensen

- Nic Jackson

- Hee Seop Choi

- Adam Harben

even dating back to Corey Patterson who was supposed to be a 30/30 version of Kenny Lofton...

and even Tyler Colvin is playing like shit in the minors...

maybe your right on Murton, a change of scenery could do him well, he's always had the tools, but he's never been given much of a chance

and obviously every minor league system has their flaws, it's just that it seems to falter much more often in the Cubs system...

Idk man, the Cubs have a history in recent years of not developing prospects....
    Hitting wise i agree, but doesnt make Murton a bust for the Athletics who actually do groom younger players very very well. Their pitching prospects have been solid imo. Prior, Woods, Zambrano, Clemets, Marmol, and Gallagher even.
    ^

Pie is getting more seasoning in Triple A this year. They thought he would be ready this season but he's clearly not. Probably will take over for Edmonds next season or be brought up in August and play sporadically. Sweet Lou is very high on him but Pie didn't do himself any favors by starting the season hitting .154.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Marmol is broken.

+ Reply to Thread